CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: info to use wi modem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(09-10-2018, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Got your order, thanks!

hi i dont have just receive nothng but i wait no problem ...   but  i have a question  i have see that with the amiga 1200 is possible navigate to web .(with ibrouse 1.4   i think) ..but it is possible with wimodem232 or i must use normal modem for amiga 1200 ?? with this for exemple  ???: 

https://www.ebay.it/itm/WLAN-Netzwerkkar...SwmBdbpRJK
You can use the WiModem232 with a SLIP connection, but it will be really slow compared to a dedicated WiFi card. The WiModem232 is a modem emulator, not a WiFi card emulator.
(09-23-2018, 06:13 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the WiModem232 with a SLIP connection, but it will be really slow compared to a dedicated WiFi card.  The WiModem232 is a modem emulator, not a WiFi card emulator.

ok perfect when I get there then maybe you still explain to me how do a slip connection  (or is it a complicated procedure?) I'm curious to know how it works and the other procedure to connect to comm0odore server .....ok thanks
I have no idea how a SLIP connection is done. I just know that people have done it to verify it works (and it is slow, even at 115200 baud).
(09-24-2018, 02:33 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea how a SLIP connection is done.  I just know that people have done it to verify it works (and it is slow, even at 115200 baud).
ok thanks anyway today I received the two wimodem and tonight I try to set one, that of the commodore 64 for the amiga I still have to wait, I have to do something special at startup or I just have to find the wi fi line and then update it?
Your units have the latest firmware. Please read the manual on how to setup and use the WiModems.
(09-25-2018, 09:33 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Your units have the latest firmware.  Please read the manual on how to setup and use the WiModems.

HELLO THEN I HAVE A STRANGE PROBLEM:
the wimodem connects both to the line of my home router and to my android samsung phone (used as a wi-fi router)
the only problem is the connection because if I try to connect with the home wi fi line I can connect to both the commodore server and the bbs even with the terminal commands type atdt google.com:80 or atdt commodore server.com:1541. ....... instead if I connect with my android I can not because I have to set something different in my phone or wimodem always writes me no answer ....... on wimodem ..famme thanks bye
I have no idea how Android phones work, but withi my iPhone I just turn on my hotspot and use the same name and password with the WiModem.
(09-26-2018, 06:34 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea how Android phones work, but withi my iPhone I just turn on my hotspot and use the same name and password with the WiModem.

but maybe tonight I try with my daughter's phone that is an iphone maybe works because I think it may be the fault of the phone because if I connect to the home wi fi network is fine but with the phone from problems ..... if you came in mind something say thank you hello
(09-26-2018, 06:34 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea how Android phones work, but withi my iPhone I just turn on my hotspot and use the same name and password with the WiModem.

hello I thought the problem was because I had no credit on the phone but nothing has changed me always says no answer now as soon as I can test with an iphone if you give me the same problem then I do not know what to do .... also I would like take a test with a line wi fi any ..... I do not know to say a bar or a particular room where there is free wi fi ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11