GAL Chips
i need a new GAL1 chip (would love e586 support but if not thats fine)
does anyone have chips for sale or i have a programmer if there is a downloadable fuse map
any help
Salrus
The EMPLANT does not use GAL (or PAL) chips. It uses ICT PEEL chips. The fusemap is not available. I do have thousands of these and recently found my programmer. I will add these to the new website that is in the works.
(03-29-2021, 07:31 PM)admin Wrote: The EMPLANT does not use GAL (or PAL) chips.  It uses ICT PEEL chips.  The fusemap is not available.  I do have thousands of these and recently found my programmer.  I will add these to the new website that is in the works.

awesome to hear let me know when the website is up i been swapping the chip between to cards and narrowed it down to the GAL1 and just assumed it was a common GAL based on silk screen then i heard on a different forum that this website sold emplant stuff and the e586 was also in the GAL1 socket thats why i was asking about the 586 stuff
it makes sense its a CPLD (i think was what PEEL was unless it was FPGA) vs GAL 
thanks
Salrus
A PEEL is just like a modern GAL as it is erasable.

I did not find the code for the e856DX emulation for IC1. I might end up having to re-create that logic.
Is GAL1 common to fail since all the chips are 4693 besides GAL1 witch is 0595 and if that's a date code that implys 1995 was the card upgraded (for 586 emulation) or did this chip fail before
Thanks for the help and look forward to the new website
No, I have never heard of any of these chips ever failing. None of my boards have an issue, and nobody else has reported this to me ever.
The GAL chips are now for sale on the cbmstuff.com online store.
(11-02-2021, 04:57 PM)admin Wrote: The GAL chips are now for sale on the cbmstuff.com online store.

Hi,
I just ordered a replacement GAL1 (it looks like I already have -C for the serial port)
I guess I will update this thread ad say that gal1 looks to be shorting VCC to ground (causing it to get hot and the system to not boot) hopefully it fixes it
Thanks
The original chip did this? This really should not be possible. If you remove GAL1 does the machine boot?
(11-03-2021, 02:21 AM)admin Wrote: The original chip did this?  This really should not be possible.  If you remove GAL1 does the machine boot?

yes i ordered a replacement just today
the A2000 does boot with GAL1 removed witch was why i started this thread