Native ST/STE floppy drive support?
Hi,

New forum user here. I signed up because I recently got hold of an Atari 520 STe, the same model I had as a kid, and am looking into various hardware solutions for it.

I became interested in the Supercard Pro for backup reasons. I have a bunch of classic games and I worry that the disks will soon retire into oblivion.

Now, the question. Is it possible to connect and use the native Atari ST/STE floppy drive as input source for the Supercard Pro somehow? And if so, how?
I am not sure what type of disk drive comes with the Atari ST. The SuperCard Pro was designed to use a standard PC floppy drive. So if you can replace your Atari ST drive with a standard PC floppy drive then yes, you could use the drive from your Atari ST. It's probably not worth the headache though because you can buy 3.5" PC floppy drives on eBay for less than $10.
(08-15-2018, 10:36 AM)admin Wrote: I am not sure what type of disk drive comes with the Atari ST.  The SuperCard Pro was designed to use a standard PC floppy drive.  So if you can replace your Atari ST drive with a standard PC floppy drive then yes, you could use the drive from your Atari ST.  It's probably not worth the headache though because you can buy 3.5" PC floppy drives on eBay for less than $10.

Thanks for replying and sorry for the super slow reply from me!

You're right. Probably too much of a headache.

I wonder though, since vintage floppy drives are many and their compatibility qualities vary, what about those new floppy drives, like the one from esync, that don't connect via a 34-pin connector but USB? There's no USB input on the Supercard Pro, but would a USB-34-pin adapter work?

If not, I'd gladly take any advice you can give me on what floppy drive models would be good to track down.
You must use a standard 34 pin PC floppy drive.
(11-16-2018, 02:50 AM)admin Wrote: You must use a standard 34 pin PC floppy drive.

Gotcha. Thanks.