Apple IIe/IIc/IIgs setups
(04-13-2018, 08:45 PM)admin Wrote: Try going into terminal mode (Apple-T) with ProTERM and send AT&F to reset the settings to default.  

Then try:

ATDTGOOGLE.COM:80

You should see a CONNECT message.  Pressing a key now should not disconnect.  Press +++ which should get you into command mode.  Now typing ATH to disconnect.  If this all works then you should have no issues accessing any BBS.

Still the same result. It says connect but nothing happens after the connect.
OK, that is normal.  Google wont give you anything for a response.  I just wanted to see if it stayed connected when you pressed a key.

Try connecting to a real BBS using the terminal mode.  Something like this:

ATDTHEATWAVE.DDNS.NET:9640

That should connect and you should see data.  If not, try doing the AT&V command and do a snapshot and post it here.  If you can communicate with the WiModem232, and you can connect, then you should have no issues.

I am using the exact same cable you are using (I got it from the same source).
(04-14-2018, 03:32 PM)admin Wrote: OK, that is normal.  Google wont give you anything for a response.  I just wanted to see if it stayed connected when you pressed a key.

Try connecting to a real BBS using the terminal mode.  Something like this:

ATDTHEATWAVE.DDNS.NET:9640

That should connect and you should see data.  If not, try doing the AT&V command and do a snapshot and post it here.  If you can communicate with the WiModem232, and you can connect, then you should have no issues.

I am using the exact same cable you are using (I got it from the same source).

Still no luck. Here's the screen shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You didn't follow the info on the first page of this thread.  You are missing the proper init string:

ATX1&C0&S1

Send that string and try connecting.
(04-15-2018, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote: You didn't follow the info on the first page of this thread.  You are missing the proper init string:

ATX1&C0&S1

I've used that a number of times. But I'll give it another shot.
(04-15-2018, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote: You didn't follow the info on the first page of this thread.  You are missing the proper init string:

ATX1&C0&S1

Here are pics of what happens and settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When do you see the text "ERROR"?  

You should be entering everything as CAPITAL letters.

Did you try doing AT&F to reset everything back to factory defaults?

This makes absolutely no sense!  If you can see a CONNECT response message, and on the OLED then the connection is there.  Since you can in fact send and receive characters to the WiModem232 then the WiModem232's serial interface hardware is good.  The wireless part of the WiModem232 hardware has to be working as well, or you would not be able to make a connection to the router.

Other than a bad cable, wrong modem driver, or wrong init string, I am not sure what the problem could actually be.  We can try replacing the WiModem232 but I don't think that is going to fix this issue.  Have you confirmed that a real modem works with your IIgs computer?
(04-16-2018, 12:35 AM)admin Wrote: When do you see the text "ERROR"?  

You should be entering everything as CAPITAL letters.

Did you try doing AT&F to reset everything back to factory defaults?

This makes absolutely no sense!  If you can see a CONNECT response message, and on the OLED then the connection is there.  Since you can in fact send and receive characters to the WiModem232 then the WiModem232's serial interface hardware is good.  The wireless part of the WiModem232 hardware has to be working as well, or you would not be able to make a connection to the router.

Other than a bad cable, wrong modem driver, or wrong init string, I am not sure what the problem could actually be.  We can try replacing the WiModem232 but I don't think that is going to fix this issue.  Have you confirmed that a real modem works with your IIgs computer?
I just tried the Setup on my IIGS Rom01 (was using Rom03 IIGS before) and got the same result. I use the Rom01 Modem Port for ADTPro disk image transfers. So, I'll let it sit and see if I can think of anything else. 

I don't have a real modem to see if ProTerm IIGS combination works in that scenario.
Thanks
Well, we can try swapping your WiModem232. I can test yours to see if it works. If it does, then there is something wrong in your particular hardware setup. Nobody else has this issue. It's just a simple plug-n-play setup.

Do you have a firewall in your router that prevents data access on certain ports or MAC addresses?
(04-16-2018, 06:42 PM)admin Wrote: Well, we can try swapping your WiModem232.  I can test yours to see if it works.  If it does, then there is something wrong in your particular hardware setup.  Nobody else has this issue.  It's just a simple plug-n-play setup.

Do you have a firewall in your router that prevents data access on certain ports or MAC addresses?

No firewall to my knowledge. This is a standard xfinity modem/router supplied by Comcast a few years ago. I'm going to try one more thing today before I send it back for you to test. Thanks