Drive not being detected on scan
Your drives should have jumpers on FH and DS2 only (not DS1 or any other setup). DS2 means use the cable to determine the drive number. The outer drive connector (with the twist) is drive 0, the inner drive connector (closest to the SCP board) is drive 1. Make sure you are not swapping ends of the cable... the longer portion with a single 34 pin connector (with the missing pin key) plugs into the SCP.

You should never have to actually power down or remove anything. Just re-launching the SCP software (after changing the drives on the cable) will re-scan the drives and determine what drive(s) are present.
Well, on that drive I don't see a FH jumper on the errant drive at all.  I do see a PH on both, and it is on in both cases. DS2 is also on for both drives as well. Termination on in the second drive or off makes no difference at all. The cable is correctly plugged in as far as it matches exactly with the diagrams in the supercard software.

Where is the FH jumper, Jim?

C.
==================================
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin 
I guess that is a PH. On my Panasonic drives, there is a via (a pad) right in the middle of the "P".

If you plug just a single drive in to the end cable connector, that is always drive 0. What does the SCP software show when you do that?
Shows as it should be sir, Drive 0. Problem only occurs when the second drive is there. The drive front LED lights up momentarily on Drive 0 and then on Drive 1, so the card "seems" to know the second one is there, but the drive doesn't show up as there in the list of drives in the SCP software, unless I go through the previously mentioned process. Must be a bug somewhere...

Curt
If that was the case then there would be hundreds of people reporting this problem. Smile

If you plug in just one drive to the connector nearest SCP, does that drive show up as drive 1?

If so, then the problem is either a termination issue or a power supply issue (can't power both drives at the same time).
(06-16-2015, 11:42 PM)admin Wrote: If that was the case then there would be hundreds of people reporting this problem.  Smile

If you plug in just one drive to the connector nearest SCP, does that drive show up as drive 1?

If so, then the problem is either a termination issue or a power supply issue (can't power both drives at the same time).

Well, when I plug in that one drive nearest SuperCard Pro, it seems indeed to turn up as Drive 1.

The power supply is brand new. What should I do to the drive termination to try and solve this? Should I remove the terminator jumper on the drive nearest the SCP, the one furthest from SCP or both?

C. 
I don't have TM jumpers on any of my drives. They are not needed and I guess could interfere. Didn't you get these drives from John?
(06-17-2015, 08:20 PM)admin Wrote: I don't have TM jumpers on any of my drives.  They are not needed and I guess could interfere.  Didn't you get these drives from John?

Yes sir.
I am not sure what the issue could be other than maybe the power supply isn't enough for two drives. When SCP scans the drive ports, do both drive motors turn on briefly?
(06-20-2015, 08:50 AM)admin Wrote: I am not sure what the issue could be other than maybe the power supply isn't enough for two drives.  When SCP scans the drive ports, do both drive motors turn on briefly?

OK, so I did a little bit of investigating last night.  I had a separate power supply with molex connector on it, so I plugged the drive that never shows up (drive 0) into it instead of the power supply on the enclosure and booted up the software.  Still, the drives light up briefly, but only the drive 1 floppy appears in the software.

Curt