CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: [SOLVED] Can't Connect to tty.sdf.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-12-2017, 04:54 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried it at 9600 baud with CCGMS and it works fine.  I am able to log in and go to BOOP room and such.

I still haven't had any luck, but I did want to check if a factory reset should clear the last connected WAP. If it is supposed to, mine isn't. That may be normal behavior though.
Did you remember to enable the TELNET translation mode with the new AT command?  AT*T1 turns on TELNET parsing.

The factory reset does NOT clear the SSID/Password entries.
(10-12-2017, 07:55 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Did you remember to enable the TELNET translation mode with the new AT command?  AT*T1 turns on TELNET parsing.

The factory reset does NOT clear the SSID/Password entries.

Enabling telnet parsing took care of it.

Thanks for the time and work in resolving this! 

I'm sure this will be useful for a lot of people moving forward.
Great to hear! I updated the manual with the new feature.

I have never seen the telnet access before. I chatted with a bunch of people through the portal. I am going to look into this some more with the new WiModem232, where I have a 80 column display on the Amiga. It's looks all wonky on a C64. Smile
(10-12-2017, 08:39 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Great to hear!  I updated the manual with the new feature.

I have never seen the telnet access before.  I chatted with a bunch of people through the portal.  I am going to look into this some more with the new WiModem232, where I have a 80 column display on the Amiga.  It's looks all wonky on a C64.  Smile

Yeah, it does better with a Novaterm variant in VT102 mode with a proper termcap on the server side than in 40 C mode. Not perfect by any means, but very usable though. Even better still on a 1082 in monochrome mode...

You sir have made the upcoming weekend a little brighter in terms of playing with C= toys.

Thanks again Jim!
No problem! Let me know if you run into any issues, or if any other parsing commands need to be supported.
I was playing with this this evening, its very cool. Going to play with it some more.

Something interesting I found though. I was getting a lot of dropped chars and garbled text with StrikeTerm final in 80 col mode. So out of curiosity, I switched on turbo mode in my Turbo Chameleon and tried it again. It works flawlessly and is a silky smooth experience at 9600 baud.
Make sure that you use AT&K1 to enable the hardware flow control in 9600 baud mode! This could be your problem.
(10-14-2017, 12:09 PM)Zeropage Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing with this this evening, its very cool. Going to play with it some more.

Something interesting I found though. I was getting a lot of dropped chars and garbled text with StrikeTerm final in 80 col mode. So out of curiosity, I switched on turbo mode in my Turbo Chameleon and tried it again. It works flawlessly and is a silky smooth experience at 9600 baud.

Were you able to get this sorted out without turbo mode? 

I've been running @ 4800 fine, but 9600 gives me the same thing you are experiencing even with handshaking enabled.
I'm wondering if terminal-speed might be useful to implement. Should help with the fact we are working with bare minimal buffers at least.

RFC1079 should be helpful...

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1079.txt  - to save you a google query.
Pages: 1 2 3