What is the ICS64S?
> When is the projected release date?

The release date is about 4 month ago! I have had these sitting here since March, but the build manual has not been completed. I expect to have it completed finally this weekend.

> Have you considered integrating native support for a set of GAL20V8-15LP in place of the PLA?

Yes, but I decided against it and will have the GAL based PLA available as an option for all C64's. The goal of this project was to re-create the C64 using modern build techniques to make it reliable enough to run 24 hours a day for years.

> How about the ability to use a single SRAM chip instead of multiple DRAMs?

I wanted to use the same chips as the real 250407 and several other C64 assemblies use so that a donor board could be used for parts.

> Could a future revision hold both PAL and NTSC crystals and enough room for a ZIF socket for the VICII, to make it easy to swap?

Yes, but that was not the goal of this project.

> Given how many ROM images you can fit onto a single 27C512 EPROM, perhaps it could make sense to consolidate all ROMS down to one socket and use a GAL16V8-15LP to swap between them, similar to what Henning Liebenau did with his RePROM64?

Sure, but that was not the goal of this project.

> Then perhaps that extra board real estate could be freed up to accommodate a second SID? (dare to dream ;-)

Again, the goal of this project was to re-create the C64 as it was, but with modern build techniques and the ability to change ROMs using just the RESTORE key and no additional switches.

Messages In This Thread
What is the ICS64S? - by admin - 12-06-2020, 04:43 AM
RE: What is the ICS64? - by dwestbury - 07-22-2021, 08:07 AM
RE: What is the ICS64? - by admin - 07-22-2021, 09:10 AM