WiBridge 1.2.0 BETA Help!
Hi

Can someone try the new version of wibridge and tell me if file transfers are working for them ?

download : http://home.reidspace.com/wibridge.rar

New:

1) Connect from pc to wimodem
     1) Set ATS0=1 on the wimodem (AutoAnswer)
     2) Select new menu Item Connect->Conect to..
     3) type in ip address of wimodem (you can find this by typing ATI in your terminal)
Note: port is hard-coded to 6400 but I can change this if anyone needs it.

2) Multi file transfers(ZModem only).
    1) Click Send->Zmodem in the menu
    2) Use CRTL or SHIFT - Click to select multiple files in the file open dialog.
    3) The files should appear in the file queue and be sent one by one.

This all works fine with a PC terminal program, but on my c64 it stalls after the first block Sad

EXE Has been scanned with virustotal before upload.
The Workshop -  http://home.reidspace.com/ 

I don't have a C64 program that has Zmodem capability, but I will test this with the WiModem232 and an Amiga.
Well, I can't connect from the WiBridge to my Amiga using the CONNECT TO option. My IP is 192.168.1.154, with the port of 6400. I tried various configs and it doesn't work. I can connect from the Amiga to the WiBridge (192.168.1.121:6464). However, any Zmodem transfer has an immediate error. I went back to the original WiBridge and it works fine.

There is a HUGE difference in the speed of the new version when accessing the PC directories/files.
(12-30-2017, 04:05 PM)admin Wrote: Well, I can't connect from the WiBridge to my Amiga using the CONNECT TO option.  My IP is 192.168.1.154, with the port of 6400.  I tried various configs and it doesn't work.  I can connect from the Amiga to the WiBridge (192.168.1.121:6464).  However, any Zmodem transfer has an immediate error.   I went back to the original WiBridge and it works fine.

There is a HUGE difference in the speed of the new version when accessing the PC directories/files.

Hi Jim

You're not entering the port manually when prompted for the IP address are you ?

This is incorrect :

192.168.1.154:6400

This is correct:

(no :port.. this will not work, the port is hard coded)

ok, the Zmodem transfers arent working for you either.

I assume by speed difference you mean its faster ? In this version I am no longer sending the info char by char with a small delay, but sending as-fast-as-possible.

after discoball78 reported the bug in striketerm re. the RTS/CTS stuff I changed it.

I was not using a port, just 192.168.1.154 without anything happening (no connection attempt that I can see).

Yes, it's a LOT faster, but Zmodem doesn't work.  I didn't try Xmodem.

Do you mean the issue with RTS/CTS and XON/OFF being swapped in their functionality?  Did anyone let the author know?
Ok, I've uploaded version 1.2.1 to the same place.

I think I figured out the problem with transfers. I needed to turn off Telnet translation on my side.
I successfully sent a batch of 12 files via Zmodem to Striketerm. Quite quick too.

I've also added some more logging so if you get a connection failure, it should report an error code.

I'm going to see if I can set up an amiga terminal on my MIST fpga and see if I can connect. (Ive soldered on a header for the rs232 port)
Its not the same as using a wimodem232 I know, but hopefully I can get it close enough.

This one works!

The only issue left is the formatting for when viewing PC directories.  If I switch to drive H: and do a DIR, the last two lines (after the directory listing) are:

H:\>echo !CURR %CD%

H:\>
#

The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?

I was able to get 11K+ per second at 115200 baud.

What is really interesting is that sending 3 large JPEG files finished on the WiBridge side, but still took 10 minutes on the receive side (WiModem) to get all of the data.  Something is buffering/caching the outgoing transfer, freeing up the WiBridge.
(12-31-2017, 10:20 AM)admin Wrote: This one works!

The only issue left is the formatting for when viewing PC directories.  If I switch to drive H: and do a DIR, the last two lines (after the directory listing) are:

H:\>echo !CURR %CD%

H:\>
#

The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?

I was able to get 11K+ per second at 115200 baud.

What is really interesting is that sending 3 large JPEG files finished on the WiBridge side, but still took 10 minutes on the receive side (WiModem) to get all of the data.  Something is buffering/caching the outgoing transfer, freeing up the WiBridge.

"The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?"

This is a highly technical programming issue called "Zeropage is a dumbass!"

I've removed it.

The buffering thing is interesting ... is it writing to a floppy or hard drive ? It may be caching blocks for slow disk writes ?

This caching is on the PC side apparently. The transfer rate is super fast - much faster than the receive side. So, something is buffering it all.