CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: WiBridge 1.2.0 BETA Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Can someone try the new version of wibridge and tell me if file transfers are working for them ?

download : http://home.reidspace.com/wibridge.rar

New:

1) Connect from pc to wimodem
     1) Set ATS0=1 on the wimodem (AutoAnswer)
     2) Select new menu Item Connect->Conect to..
     3) type in ip address of wimodem (you can find this by typing ATI in your terminal)
Note: port is hard-coded to 6400 but I can change this if anyone needs it.

2) Multi file transfers(ZModem only).
    1) Click Send->Zmodem in the menu
    2) Use CRTL or SHIFT - Click to select multiple files in the file open dialog.
    3) The files should appear in the file queue and be sent one by one.

This all works fine with a PC terminal program, but on my c64 it stalls after the first block Sad

EXE Has been scanned with virustotal before upload.
I don't have a C64 program that has Zmodem capability, but I will test this with the WiModem232 and an Amiga.
Well, I can't connect from the WiBridge to my Amiga using the CONNECT TO option. My IP is 192.168.1.154, with the port of 6400. I tried various configs and it doesn't work. I can connect from the Amiga to the WiBridge (192.168.1.121:6464). However, any Zmodem transfer has an immediate error. I went back to the original WiBridge and it works fine.

There is a HUGE difference in the speed of the new version when accessing the PC directories/files.
(12-30-2017, 04:05 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I can't connect from the WiBridge to my Amiga using the CONNECT TO option.  My IP is 192.168.1.154, with the port of 6400.  I tried various configs and it doesn't work.  I can connect from the Amiga to the WiBridge (192.168.1.121:6464).  However, any Zmodem transfer has an immediate error.   I went back to the original WiBridge and it works fine.

There is a HUGE difference in the speed of the new version when accessing the PC directories/files.

Hi Jim

You're not entering the port manually when prompted for the IP address are you ?

This is incorrect :

192.168.1.154:6400

This is correct:

(no :port.. this will not work, the port is hard coded)

ok, the Zmodem transfers arent working for you either.

I assume by speed difference you mean its faster ? In this version I am no longer sending the info char by char with a small delay, but sending as-fast-as-possible.

after discoball78 reported the bug in striketerm re. the RTS/CTS stuff I changed it.
I was not using a port, just 192.168.1.154 without anything happening (no connection attempt that I can see).

Yes, it's a LOT faster, but Zmodem doesn't work.  I didn't try Xmodem.

Do you mean the issue with RTS/CTS and XON/OFF being swapped in their functionality?  Did anyone let the author know?
Ok, I've uploaded version 1.2.1 to the same place.

I think I figured out the problem with transfers. I needed to turn off Telnet translation on my side.
I successfully sent a batch of 12 files via Zmodem to Striketerm. Quite quick too.

I've also added some more logging so if you get a connection failure, it should report an error code.

I'm going to see if I can set up an amiga terminal on my MIST fpga and see if I can connect. (Ive soldered on a header for the rs232 port)
Its not the same as using a wimodem232 I know, but hopefully I can get it close enough.
This one works!

The only issue left is the formatting for when viewing PC directories.  If I switch to drive H: and do a DIR, the last two lines (after the directory listing) are:

H:\>echo !CURR %CD%

H:\>
#

The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?

I was able to get 11K+ per second at 115200 baud.

What is really interesting is that sending 3 large JPEG files finished on the WiBridge side, but still took 10 minutes on the receive side (WiModem) to get all of the data.  Something is buffering/caching the outgoing transfer, freeing up the WiBridge.
(12-31-2017, 10:20 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]This one works!

The only issue left is the formatting for when viewing PC directories.  If I switch to drive H: and do a DIR, the last two lines (after the directory listing) are:

H:\>echo !CURR %CD%

H:\>
#

The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?

I was able to get 11K+ per second at 115200 baud.

What is really interesting is that sending 3 large JPEG files finished on the WiBridge side, but still took 10 minutes on the receive side (WiModem) to get all of the data.  Something is buffering/caching the outgoing transfer, freeing up the WiBridge.

"The cursor is the "#" character above, and it is one line after the H:\> prompt, not immediately following it.  I am not sure what the echo is there for?  Debugging?"

This is a highly technical programming issue called "Zeropage is a dumbass!"

I've removed it.

The buffering thing is interesting ... is it writing to a floppy or hard drive ? It may be caching blocks for slow disk writes ?
This caching is on the PC side apparently. The transfer rate is super fast - much faster than the receive side. So, something is buffering it all.