WiModem and the Plus/4
I have been attempting to connect to BBSs using my Plus/4. The OLED shows connected but there is no response on the terminal software (I am using Term-80 and Higgyterm). It just seems to time out. Occasionally, I will receive a busy message. The WiModem as currently configured works fine on my C64 and C128 using CCGMS, Dialogue128 and DesTerm. I know the Plus/4 has a real UART in it- should I be configuring it differently than how it is currently set for my C64? I have attempted toggling settings for DCD, CTS, etc., all to no avail. Any suggestions would be welcome as I originally bought the WiModem to use with my plus/4 after watching RetroCombs connect to a BBS with a Plus/4 on his YouTube channel using a WiFi Modem made by CommodoreForever (So I know it can be done).

Thanks, glen
It sounds like your UART chip is bad. There is nothing else required for the Plus/4 to work. You just load the terminal program, set the baud rate correctly in it, and then you can communicate with the WiModem.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try to get ahold of a different unit and test to see if that fixes the issue.
Hey Glen, it has been a few months since your last post. Has swapping the Plus/4 out fixed the issue for you? Like you, I purchased a WiModem after watching RetroCombs connect his Plus/4 to a BBS. And like you, I am also unable to connect to a BBS using the Plus/4. When I attempt to do so, the WiModem LED turns green and it says that it's connected, however, I do not get any response from the BBS - normally, there should be a message stating to press the 'DEL' key to connect. After a bit, it times out and I get a 'NO CARRIER' message.

I've tried Higgyterm, Term-80, and Work Bench and the same issue occurs with all three programs. I have verified that the baud rate is set correctly and can issue other commands, like ATI, and get a response from the WiModem with the correct output.

If anyone has any other suggestions other than a faulty UART, let me know.
Are you trying to connect to a TELNET based system? You may have to turn on translation if you are. Most TELNET systems will have 23 as the port number. You can either use AT*T1 before "dialing out", or you can use AT*T1,<URL>:<PORT> to automatically turn on translation for that call. Some (many actually) TELNET based BBS's will send a TELNET command asking about the terminal type and won't proceed without the proper response.