Mechboard mx switches.
Will any of these keys support cherry switches for mechboards?
I'm trying to find a solution to finish my mechboard.

Thanks
No, I am not making any keycaps compatible with the Mechboard. I will be however, making the Blingboard 64 which does use Cherry Mx switches and custom keycaps for it - but these will NOT work with the Mechboard because the larger keycaps (SHIFT, CONTROL, RESTORE) are not offset - instead, they are centered, so they will not work with the Mechboard.
(02-15-2022, 01:19 PM)admin Wrote: No, I am not making any keycaps compatible with the Mechboard.  I will be however, making the Blingboard 64 which does use Cherry Mx switches and custom keycaps for it - but these will NOT work with the Mechboard because the larger keycaps (SHIFT, CONTROL, RESTORE) are not offset - instead, they are centered, so they will not work with the Mechboard.

OMG that's a better answer!  I really don't like the results from mechboard which is why I've been holding out.
I didn't see any mention of the Blingboard on your site, but please take my pre-order!

Do you have a timeline?

Thanks!
As soon as the existing keycaps are shipping I will launch a new Indiegogo campaign that will fund the plastic injection cost for the frame assembly and bottom half (Cherry Mx stem) mold. The campaign will have various goals for improvements, all the way up to making it a USB/Bluetooth capable device for use with VICE.

The existing keycap production will begin next week.
(02-16-2022, 01:28 PM)admin Wrote: As soon as the existing keycaps are shipping I will launch a new Indiegogo campaign that will fund the plastic injection cost for the frame assembly and bottom half (Cherry Mx stem) mold.  The campaign will have various goals for improvements, all the way up to making it a USB/Bluetooth capable device for use with VICE.

The existing keycap production will begin next week.

I really hope this works out.  As a kid, I took my keyboard apart and tried putting steel plates under keys so they would sound different, (10 years old)
So for me, it is fulfilling a long long time dream..

thanks. I'll check your site out for updates.
First a suggested color combo I would love. A very popular color is to use the Signature Plastics colorways of TBN (Brown), RBC (Red), and VAV (green). The brown matches the commodore browns and the green and red are like the vintage One Per Desk and Merlin Tonto keyboards. These are both very good looking and actually retro computing inspired. I would dig my commodore to have a velvet red set of modifiers like that.

I know you are a commodore guy and not a keyboard guy, but I would say if you would do the MX stems in a set with extra caps that can work with other boards also you have an audience for these keycaps that is orders of magnitude higher than your current interest. Add the none commodore modifiers in a separate modifier set for a 2U Backspace, 1.5U Slash, 2.25 Enter, 2.25/2.75 Shifts, 1.75 CapsLock, 1.5 Tab and 1.25 Modifiers etc I think you would have huge interest.

If you wonder what the interest would be just post to r/MechanicalKeyboards and see what happens. I suspect you would be overwhelmed with feedback.
I am not personally interested in supporting other keyboards, but the Commodore keycaps do follow the 'U' standard, so the keycaps are 1U, 2.25U, 3Us, 6.75U space, etc. You could just take the keycaps I am creating with MX stem support and make your own PC type keyboard with more than 66 keycaps.