ALL NEW WHD v2.0
I have made a brand new version of WHD.  It requires the v4.00 WiModem firmware in order to work.

This version uses device 2 (not device 7 like the previous version).  See the readme text in the download, located here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads/wimodem/whd_disk.zip

This version should work with both PAL and NTSC systems, but I have not yet tried it with a PAL setup.  I can do that with the new ICS64 DIY board that I am getting ready to release this week!
I'm on a PAL machine and when I issue the SYS49152 command I get a "NO WIMODEM!" error message. The WiModem functions well though in a terminal.
Hmm... I had reports that it works on a PAL machine. Do you have the modem's baud rate set to either 2400 or 9600 before running the WHD program?
(08-12-2021, 11:55 AM)admin Wrote: Hmm... I had reports that it works on a PAL machine.  Do you have the modem's baud rate set to either 2400 or 9600 before running the WHD program?

I just got the WiModem and everything set up working on a 128 NTSC. Had to cut the trace to disable UP9600 as well (even though 9600 works fine in desterm128 with 80 column mode, but breaks ccgms ).

Just tried getting WHD to work and I get the same error in c64 mode. 

NO WIMODEM!

Having said that, if I go into desterm128 and type at!dir it shows the directory header part and a blank disk. At!format worked as well.

2400 nor 9600 baud seems to work in c64 mode. I was thinking it might have been because whd might be tied to up9600 that doesn’t work with my setup in c64 mode. I read that you did a fix that when going into whd, the baud would be set from 2400 to 9600, so maybe that’s why.
The WHD program is only for the C64 side, and it DOES require the UP9600 hack for it to work (it runs the transfers at 9600 baud). The new version of the WHD just no longer required that you had the WiModem already set to 9600 baud - it can now be either 2400 baud or 9600 baud and work. I do have a version that (sort of) works at 38400 baud, but currently that also requires the serial shift register (UP9600 hack) to get 38400 baud. I did a version originally that was bit-banged at about 50Kbps. That worked one direction, but not the other. I think maybe if I lower the speed a bit it would work in both directions, and does not require the UP9600 hack.
(10-24-2021, 06:01 PM)admin Wrote: The WHD program is only for the C64 side, and it DOES require the UP9600 hack for it to work (it runs the transfers at 9600 baud).  The new version of the WHD just no longer required that you had the WiModem already set to 9600 baud - it can now be either 2400 baud or 9600 baud and work.  I do have a version that (sort of) works at 38400 baud, but currently that also requires the serial shift register (UP9600 hack) to get 38400 baud.  I did a version originally that was bit-banged at about 50Kbps.  That worked one direction, but not the other.  I think maybe if I lower the speed a bit it would work in both directions, and does not require the UP9600 hack.

Just reading through this.... any plans for C128 support?  (c64 mode or not).

Also, I thought I remembered adding a file transfer or image upload support was in the works?  For example, I could upload an image to the WiModem memory from a PC then use a copier or something on the CBM side to copy to a real disk. WiCopy! That was it. Just read though some old threads. Is that still on the horizon?
Yes, i am still tinkering with WiCopy, but it is for copying disks not files.