It was my 1ST computer.
I still have my old TRS-80 disk. It be super to read them. My old TRS-80 stop working long ago.

So looking foreword to when it will read and copy them.

Thank you for Super Card Pro.

-Raymond Day
You can copy them! Just use the C64 setting with blind mode. You may have to copy out to track 40 (depending on the version of TRS-DOS). I have imaged all of my TRS-80 disks. I have two Model III's.
(01-29-2014, 11:47 AM)admin Wrote: You can copy them! Just use the C64 setting with blind mode. You may have to copy out to track 40 (depending on the version of TRS-DOS). I have imaged all of my TRS-80 disks. I have two Model III's.

I have the old TRS-80 model 2 level 3. I remember getting drives with 80 tracks and doable density board. Or more. It made 2 to 4 times more data on the disk.

I don't think my drive is reading them right. It sounds right. I open the G64 image file in a text editor and don't see any text at all in all the data.

I think I could get my old TRS-80 drives down and use them on this SuperCard pro. They are in a hard place to get to. Been there for years.

The other drive I have will just move the head out to the front of the drive. When SuperCard Pro reads it it just bumps the head there.

I guess it my be some jumper settings on the drive.

But just looked at it again. It looks like I unsold-er the track 0 censer. The little board is still on it but no censers. I used them on my commodore drive from what I remember. It was long ago.

-Raymond Day
You don't convert a TRS-80 disk to G64 - that is for Commodore 64 emulators. You would want to either copy drive to drive (backup the disk) or copy drive to flux image. You can then copy flux to drive to make copies of the original disk you imaged.

Yes, you definitely MUST have a track 0 sensor on the PC drive you use with SCP.
It looks like it's working. I did use the Flux image file type. I seen one disk were I labeled "LAZY FONTS 40 tracks" Some Dates I put on the disk like 2/7/87 and 3/16/1987.

I had the disk up in the attic for years and it gets very cold and hot up there. I think I had them up there because I copied them to I guess disk that could hold more.

Just found a disk I labeled "LazyData #1 84 tracks holds 745.50K"

I remember 80 tracks but I guess I must of did more way back in 1987.

-Raymond Day
That's extremely rare. Stock TRS-80 drives were all 48 TPI (40 track), with only late Model III and Model IV having double-sided capabilities.
(01-29-2014, 07:31 PM)admin Wrote: That's extremely rare. Stock TRS-80 drives were all 48 TPI (40 track), with only late Model III and Model IV having double-sided capabilities.

It my be rare. I did not know. Did not get mine from Radio Shack. I found stores around me to sell them. I think from them from Magazines I got.

Remember I had MULTIDOS on it. It was very good. Remember too going to the person house who made it he lived in Michigan and I got a updated disk right from him.

I do remember I had double-sided double density 80 track disks. It was neat to put a board in the expansion interface to get double density.

Remember the ribbon cable between the TRS-80 and expansion interface near the end all ways messed up the connection. It had no gold plated on the plugs. I remember even soldering all the wires on the edge card connectors. But I hated it because could not take them apart then.

Some time I my get my old TRS-80 Down. I think what I know today I my fix it.

Remember in magazines they had gold adapters to put on the end of the ribbon cable. But they cost a lot back then and I could never buy them.

Had a weblog I typed on there and I remember saving it to the commodore thought the RS232.

-Raymond Day
The TRS-80 model II had 8" disks, didn't it? Did you retrofit 1.2m floppies in it, or maybe there was a 5.25" configuration that I have never seen.
Kipp

(01-30-2014, 02:09 AM)Raymond Day Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 07:31 PM)admin Wrote: That's extremely rare. Stock TRS-80 drives were all 48 TPI (40 track), with only late Model III and Model IV having double-sided capabilities.

It my be rare. I did not know. Did not get mine from Radio Shack. I found stores around me to sell them. I think from them from Magazines I got.

Remember I had MULTIDOS on it. It was very good. Remember too going to the person house who made it he lived in Michigan and I got a updated disk right from him.

I do remember I had double-sided double density 80 track disks. It was neat to put a board in the expansion interface to get double density.

Remember the ribbon cable between the TRS-80 and expansion interface near the end all ways messed up the connection. It had no gold plated on the plugs. I remember even soldering all the wires on the edge card connectors. But I hated it because could not take them apart then.

Some time I my get my old TRS-80 Down. I think what I know today I my fix it.

Remember in magazines they had gold adapters to put on the end of the ribbon cable. But they cost a lot back then and I could never buy them.

Had a weblog I typed on there and I remember saving it to the commodore thought the RS232.

-Raymond Day
The biggest disk I ever used on any thing same size as the commodore 5.25" ones.

I have seen real big disk. Not sure were. Never seen a drive they go in that I remember.

-Raymond Day
It must have been a model I, III, IV, or maybe a color computer II? The model 2 and 12 computers used 8" diskettes.

Kipp