Flippy (No Flip) Modded & Aligned Panasonic Drives
The services and items for sale in this listing are for anyone but are primarily used by Supercard Pro (SCP) & Kryoflux owners:

NOTE: These drives are optimally aligned for all standard 5.25" formats using an Analog Alignment Disk. They no longer function as a standard PC drive once modified. These drives should only be used to dump / backup disks using an archival system. I've sold over 100 of these drives in the last 3 years. Users have reported that they dump numerous systems just fine. (Atari, Apple, TRS, PC, Commodore, etc)

If you own a 5.25" a Panasonic drive and need it repaired or flippy modded or just want an alignment of the IHS (index hole sensor) and read/write heads, I offer that service as well.

(Dual drive units are not currently supported. Single 5.25" Pansonic drives only.)

The drives I am selling work with all available revisions of the SuperCard Pro.

Prices:

Panasonic (compatible models) Flippy Modded & Aligned drive - 100.00 + actual shipping (15.00 state side)

Alignments only (read/write heads and Index Hole Sensor) - 30.00 + actual shipping (Using AAD from Accurite & Dysan with an oscilloscope)

Flippy mod (includes alignments) - 50.00 + actual shipping

All drives will have their heads cleaned and be tested for functionality prior to any mods / alignments / repairs to be performed by me. If your drive has any issues, not already known or stated, I will notify you of them before I begin any of my services.

Repair price is on a case by case basis dependent upon parts and time. All repaired drives will be at a minimum aligned before being returned. If I am not able to repair your drive or you opt not to have the repair performed for any reason, the diagnostic fee is 15.00 + actual shipping This is only to protect my time from a flood of broken drives. If you opt to have the drive repaired, the 15.00 fee is waived in lieu of the repair price.

Broken drives that can not be repaired or you opted not to have repaired will be returned in the packaging I received them in.

Repaired or Purchased drives will be packaged in ESD bags, surrounded (padded) with egg crate to reduce bounce and help maintain the alignment during shipping. If you prefer to have your drive returned in the packaging you sent, please let me know.

Due to too many circumstances beyond my control, there is no warranty on the services or hardware provided. This is all used equipment as we're all well aware. Shipping services can destroy our boxes no matter how good they are packed. I will however provide a no DOA guarantee if the box is not damaged in shipping. Every drive will be thoroughly tested with my toughest Commodore titles prior to being returned to you. If there is a problem after receiving your drive, please contact me immediately so that I may resolve the issue.

I ship world wide of course. However if you're outside the U.S. please consider some of the other very capable mod/repair folks closer to you. It will save you money in shipping. Sorry this sounds so black and white, I'm trying to protect myself and provide you a great service and product.

Contact me if interested. I'm located in California, USA.

Thanks,
Sncboom2k
I can personally recommend these drives - they are what I used for developing SuperCard Pro!
Me too. I purchased a modded and aligned Panasonic 475-4 drive from sncboom2k at CommVEx 2013. Very happy!

--Kent

(12-24-2013, 09:56 AM)admin Wrote: I can personally recommend these drives - they are what I used for developing SuperCard Pro!
Cool, I have sent a PM. I am interested also

(12-25-2013, 11:39 AM)kentsu Wrote: Me too. I purchased a modded and aligned Panasonic 475-4 drive from sncboom2k at CommVEx 2013. Very happy!

--Kent

(12-24-2013, 09:56 AM)admin Wrote: I can personally recommend these drives - they are what I used for developing SuperCard Pro!
(12-25-2013, 01:04 PM)videofx Wrote: Cool, I have sent a PM. I am interested also

(12-25-2013, 11:39 AM)kentsu Wrote: Me too. I purchased a modded and aligned Panasonic 475-4 drive from sncboom2k at CommVEx 2013. Very happy!

--Kent

Thanks guys - I appreciate the support and am glad to hear you're happy with your drives! Smile
I recently purchased one from sncboom2k and it's been working great. He was very helpful also explaining some of the confusing scripts (it was kryoflux) used in dumping...Highly recommended.
All drives recently purchased in December have been shipped. I apologize for any delays - I took some time off for the holidays. Thanks everyone.
Plenty of drives in stock at the moment. I'll be bringing more to CommVex again this year. Hope to see some of you there!
Hi i am new to this forum and i would like to know if you still have one drive and if you ship to switzerland

Thanks by advance for your answer
(03-02-2015, 03:22 PM)Mehlab Wrote: Hi i am new to this forum and i would like to know if you still have one drive and if you ship to switzerland

Thanks by advance for your answer

Hi Mehlab - yes. I still have plenty of flippy modded drives available. Thank you for asking.