Already have streamed files via a Kryoflux, not sure how to proceed
Hello,

A couple of years ago I picked up a Kryoflux after having hit and miss issues with attempting to back up Amiga, IBM, and C64 titles.  While I have had some luck with IBM and C64 disks working correctly after conversion to streaming, I am having no luck with my Amiga titles...almost at all.  Some I can create ADFs for and they will work just fine (Workbench Disks, a few utilities, and so forth), but many of the items I own are copy protected titles (mostly a handful of Psygnosis things) that when converted to ADF simply don't work.

I had been hoping to get them via the SPS people, since several of the titles I have may not even be working anymore and are unable to get working copies made and I could receive a working IPF from them, but I have never received a working image from them, even after dumping.  I did see the Supercard Pro board and was wondering if it might be a step up in quality, but as of right now it is out of my price range...and also, I have almost every disk I have (barring a handful of C64 floppies that have reverse sides I have not copied) streamed into RAW files already...getting another card and spending the next few weeks copying them all over again seems like it's spinning my wheels at this point.

Essentially, all I want is to get the handful of Amiga, C64, and PC games I own to work again, using an emulator on the PC, using the legitimate copies I own, and not having to download cracked copies to be able to do it.  I don't necessarily need the ability to write it back out to disk (if they ARE working, I want to keep them in good condition), but lately it just seems like everything I try to do to preserve my collection doesn't work out.  I did a recent test on a PC copy of Castles II that came on HD 5.25" floppies, and for some reason my disk drive (a dual 3.5"/5.25" Epson SD-700) couldn't seem to read the data and create a working duplicate...even though I swear I tried in the past to read a HD disk before with that drive with no issues whatsoever!

Anyway, I'm posting in this forum because most of what I want to save is my Amiga collection, and at this point, I just really don't know what to do in order to salvage it.  If there is any way to use the SuperCard Pro to convert or save the RAW data I've already copied, or if there is something I can do at this point with any of my RAW data streams, I would really appreciate it.  I don't really have that much, but what I have I really enjoy (Shadow of the Beast, Lemmings, BattleChess, Destroyer, and Sword of Sodan, just to name a few), and I'd love to find a way to play them on modern equipment.  The Amigas themselves may not work all that well anymore, but the games and programs themselves are still just as fun as ever.
You can use the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator to convert the RAW streams into .scp image files. You can then use those .scp image files with E-UAE, FS-UAE, and WinUAE, just like they were real floppy disks - loading copy protected disks even.
(07-17-2016, 12:03 AM)admin Wrote: You can use the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator to convert the RAW streams into .scp image files.  You can then use those .scp image files with E-UAE, FS-UAE, and WinUAE, just like they were real floppy disks - loading copy protected disks even.

Hi again.  OK, I did check out the software, but it caused my computer to hang and I had to quit out of it.  That's great that I can simply convert the raw files to a different format for proper use...but do I need to have the hardware in order for the software portion to work?  I assume I definitely need to use the hardware to read the image files themselves and to attach that physically to my PC, but I didn't know if the software needed to detect the Emulator card in order for it to work properly.
You need the SuperCard Pro hardware to use the SuperCard Pro software for reading/writing disks.  You don't need any extra hardware to use the HxC Floppy Disk Emulator software to convert RAW images to .scp images.
(07-24-2016, 04:06 PM)Greypatch3 Wrote: Hi again. OK, I did check out the software, but it caused my computer to hang and I had to quit out of it.
You might try their latest beta: http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive...t_beta.zip
I know some older versions had problems freezing while decoding noisy tracks.