Locks up IEC bus
Hi,
I have a 128d ( metal case w/jiffydos).
When I turn on the computer with the wimodem inserted, the disk drives will not work.
If I plugt he wimodem into my CMD parallel print/user port switch, I can switch the modem out and the computer boots normally. I can load Dialogue 128 and then switch the modem in and interact with it. I got it to connect with my router and update its firmware from your site. If I want to use any of my disk drives, I have to switch the wimodem out.
Any ideas? Does port 1541 have something to do with it?
Cool product BTW- Hope I can get it completely working.
Cheers,
Bob
There is something definitely wrong. I upload/download to BBS's from the disk drive without any issues. Is this in 64 or 128 mode? I tried 128 mode briefly just to make sure it worked, but the terminal program was in ROM (SuperChip C). I will check the 128 mode to see if the disks work.

The ATN line is the only line that is connected to both the IEC and USER PORT, and that line is not connected to the WiModem circuitry. I suppose there could be a solder bridge from pin 9 (top side pin) to the adjacent pin.

I will look into this immediately.
(07-04-2016, 08:53 AM)admin Wrote: There is something definitely wrong.  I upload/download to BBS's from the disk drive without any issues.  Is this in 64 or 128 mode?  I tried 128 mode briefly just to make sure it worked, but the terminal program was in ROM (SuperChip C).  I will check the 128 mode to see if the disks work.

The ATN line is the only line that is connected to both the IEC and USER PORT, and that line is not connected to the WiModem circuitry.  I suppose there could be a solder bridge from pin 9 (top side pin) to the adjacent pin.

I will look into this immediately.

It is in 128 mode. 
Thx,
Bob
Well, you're right... the drives don't work. I guess that this is due to the UP9600 hack. There are jumper pads that can be cut to disable the hack. It does work fine in C64 mode. The WiModem also works fine in C128 via ROM, but no drives can be used at that point. I will take a look to see if that's the cause.
Thanks for the quick response. I hope we can figure out a solution because I would really like to use the wimodem with GEOSterm and a sdiec.
Cheers,
Bob
OK, indeed the issue is the UP9600 hack.

To disable the hack, you need to cut one of the jumper pads. Unfortunately, it is under the OLED screen... but you can get access to it. I will post pictures in a separate thread for disabling it with the C128.
(07-04-2016, 11:29 AM)admin Wrote: OK, indeed the issue is the UP9600 hack.

To disable the hack, you need to cut one of the jumper pads.  Unfortunately, it is under the OLED screen... but you can get access to it.  I will post pictures in a separate thread for disabling it with the C128.

Thanks. I don't need the UP9600 hack anyway as I have a swiftlink and Lantronix.
~Bob
I just did the jumper cut/modification and everything seems to work fine. I connected to commodoreserver.com and read the help messages. The disk drives do their thing. I can connect with my linux machines on my network but the display is garbage. Do I need to change the CTS flags to 0?
Using the same term program (Dialogue 128) I can connect with swiftlink and lantronix.
~Bob
You only need to change the CTS flags if you are having issues with missing data.  It could be a baud rate issue.
(07-04-2016, 06:46 PM)admin Wrote: You only need to change the CTS flags if you are having issues with missing data.  It could be a baud rate issue.

I suspect that is the case, too. I gues I need to edit my tty respawn files, if I can remember how. Tongue