SCP and two drive setup
From the SCP documentation and setups that I've seen people post it looks like I shouldn't have any problems in connecting say two 3 1/2" drives to the SCP or one 3 1/2" and one 5 1/4" to the SCP? But 2 drives are the limit? Would be cool to connect two 3 1/2" and two 5 1/4" drives using one SCP card. Would using 4 drives simply require a second SCP card?

I just got a new itx case that supports the mounting of 2 or I have a tower case that could accept 3 or 4 drives. Just wanted to check for max drives that can be connected to one SCP card. I'd like to be able to have any combination of two or more sized drives connected to my one SCP without having to open the case to switch. The case will also house the fpga arcade board one day.

I also have a box of samsung drives that i've not tested yet with the SCP. Are there any tests I can do or should do outside of using it with my SCP card and software? Was wondering how to know if a drive is in the best shape possible when using it with the SCP.

Are there still plans to allow the fpga arcade cores (Amiga/C64/Atari ST/etc.) to use the SCP to allow drive access (read/write)?

tia,

grider
The SCP was originally designed only for dual drives! Later I finally made drive to image and image to drive options.

I have several ITX cases with dual drives.
(12-31-2015, 11:54 PM)admin Wrote: The SCP was originally designed only for dual drives!  Later I finally made drive to image and image to drive options.

I have several ITX cases with dual drives.

okay, makes since now. So two drives are the max then? Can't hook up 2 3 1/2" drives and one 5 1/4" drive to one SCP card?

I also have a box of samsung drives that i've not tested yet with the SCP. Are there any tests I can do or should do outside of using it with my SCP card and software? Was wondering how to know if a drive is in the best shape possible when using it with the SCP.

grider
Yes, you can use any types of drives together... a 3.5" and a 5.25", a 3.0" and a 8", etc.

I would recommend using the media integrity test for checking drives and media.
(01-01-2016, 12:44 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, you can use any types of drives together... a 3.5" and a 5.25", a 3.0" and a 8", etc.

I would recommend using the media integrity test for checking drives and media.

Great thanks! Wink
The maximum number of supported drives is 2, same as a real PC with a single floppy controller. This has to do with the drive cabling itself which does not support more than 2 devices.