Won't connect with AT*SSID, but will with AT*NS
(03-01-2023, 08:22 PM)admin Wrote: You stated you have a WiModem232, not a WiModem.  What you show is a C64 screen with the WiModem's display.  Whatever you are using for a terminal program, it is in a PETSCII mode instead of an ASCII mode.  How can I tell?... the character case is reversed (upper and lower case characters are backwards).  An ASCII mode is *required* while entering the router's name and password... no exceptions.

I'm using an RS232C cartridge on the back of my C64 which I'm plugging the WiModem232 into. Yes, I know it's in PETSCII mode because I haven't written the routines to convert it to ASCII mode yet, and I'm not going to waste the time and brain power to write them until I can get the WiModem to actually behave for me. It was connecting perfectly fine early this morning before work, and now this evening when I have time to work with it, it's flat out refusing to connect with either command, both with the C64 and a PC running Telix. I don't know if it's just my WiModem or what, but it's been nothing but temperamental. And it's not just misbehaving with my router in the house, it's the one in my shop as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Won't connect with AT*SSID, but will with AT*NS - by Bungo Pony - 03-02-2023, 07:18 PM