Won't connect with AT*SSID, but will with AT*NS
(02-12-2023, 09:13 PM)admin Wrote: Ok, what machine are you using the WiModem232 with?  What terminal software?  When the AT*NS,{passphrase} option works and the manual mode does not, it is 100% an issue with the text being entered correctly.  If your router name or password has a space character or custom characters (non-alphabet characters or numbers), then you might not ever able to enter it manually.. you would have to use the AT*NS option, which is why I created it.  Since the AT*NS,{passphrase} works then it means that issue is with the router name being entered.

Again, make sure there is no space character after AT*SSID, or before or after the comma (,) that separates the router name from the password.  Examples:

AT*SSIDmyRouterName,myRouterPassword

Router name: myRouterName

AT*SSIDLinkSYS,testing123

Router name: LinkSYS

REMEMBER, router names and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE. If you are in a terminal where ALL caps are normal, you will need to use something that provides upper/lower case (correctly).  Using a ASCII mode (instead of a ANSI mode) is required when setting up the SSID.  This is the only time it is required.

My router SSIDs are all lower case and have no strange characters in them. They're plain words. One is a 4 character word and one is a five character word. I've used Telix on the PC to try and work with both of them to no avail. That option just doesn't work.

I'll try and get a pic up of it not working when I get a chance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Won't connect with AT*SSID, but will with AT*NS - by Bungo Pony - 02-17-2023, 05:24 PM