Pausing while typing
Hey All,
  I have a few wimodem 232s. Recently I have seen some strange activity. 

While connecting to various Atari BBS’s when I type a message (or type anything for that matter) it has a habit to pausing for 1-5 seconds every so often.  This happens on all three of my modems. 

I have an Orbi router system with a satellite (extender) in the basement where I do my retro bbsing.  At first I thought the satellite was too far away from the modem (it did have a straight line of sight. ). Moved the satellite around trying to get better connections. Still the same issue. 

I didn’t have the time or convenience to run an Ethernet cable from the basement to the first floor where the main router is located. So I went with a MoCA 2.5gig system connecting the basement satellite to the main router. So in essence the basement is hardwired to the router. 

Still the same issues. 

I talked to some of the Atari community and read a bunch of stuff here trying to tweak some of the buffers and settings, but I still seem to have this issue. 

I don’t really have the ability to test the wimodem upstairs in the same room as the router. Maybe in the future I can try this. 

I am pretty confident this is a router -> wimodem issue, as all the modems have this symptom. I have one Atari 8 bit and 1 Atari 16 bit system with wimodems, so I don’t believe it is a symptom specific to the platform. 

All modems are updated to the November 2022 firmware. 

Any ideas or tweaks I can make to have the modem work a little smoother?

I think I covered all/most of the troubleshooting steps I have taken in the last few months. 

Thanks for any advice.

Messages In This Thread
Pausing while typing - by jimbronie - 02-05-2023, 09:16 AM
RE: Pausing while typing - by admin - 02-05-2023, 01:19 PM
RE: Pausing while typing - by jimbronie - 02-08-2023, 07:03 AM
RE: Pausing while typing - by jimbronie - 04-21-2023, 05:28 AM
RE: Pausing while typing - by admin - 04-21-2023, 09:50 AM
RE: Pausing while typing - by jimbronie - 06-29-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Pausing while typing - by admin - 06-30-2023, 03:24 AM