source for 3.5" internal compatible drives
(06-25-2020, 02:49 PM)admin Wrote: Well, if you know flux then you should like the editor/analyzer.  With that you can duplicate anything.  You can rotate track data, set start/end points for writing flux, etc.

Yeah me and flux are old pals. Spent many a years looking at them. Smile

I run www.techtravels.org and the Amiga Floppy Project was one of my main projects for awhile. I've got thousands of posts/comments/emails about it and helped probably a dozen similar efforts over the years. I also designed the Commodore Amiga Floppy Analyzer software. The project/software is mostly defunct, but I still get questions about it regularly.

Lots of fun playing in this space!

Do you know about Josha B of makercentral.net fame? His software is pretty amazing, but oh-so-complicated.

Part of the problem is that producing/selling/supporting/marketing these things is pretty hard! The engineering tasks are fun (and complicated in their own right), but that's really only about half the battle. Hell even just documenting this stuff is time consuming. My incomplete blog has thousands of posts, and I think I only did a mediocre job. People still complained (and everything was open source and free!!)

It seems you've overcome all that, congratulations!

Keith

Messages In This Thread
RE: source for 3.5" internal compatible drives - by keithcbm - 06-25-2020, 03:19 PM