A couple of setup / cable questions
I have ordered my Supercard Pro, and in the meantime am sorting out the needed cables / 3.5" floppy drive. It is in this regard that I have a few questions.

1. I've obtained a 3.5" floppy drive ribbon cable, but notice that there is no hole for pin 3 at both ends. This isn't an issue for the drive end, but notice that the Supercard Pro has a full set of pins. Will I need a different cable with a full set of holes? If so, would one from an Amiga be ok?

2. I have looked through the manual, but did not see if the board had to be unpowered before connecting the drive? I was planning to connect the board to the drive (both power and data) and then connect the USB cable from the board to the PC. Would it be an issue if I had the board connected via USB and I then either disconnected or connected the drive (data &/or power)?

3. The only female to female floppy drive power cables I can find are the internal ones from an Amiga. I assume these are suitable? My only other option seems to be making one myself from two Floppy to Molex PC power cables.

Sorry if any of these seem like stupid questions. I'm primarily a software guy, so am a little unsure when it comes to cables and such! Any help with these questions is much appreciated - thank you!

Messages In This Thread
A couple of setup / cable questions - by Mousey - 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM