Kaypro II CP/M Boot Disk - SCP Creation
Jim,
Yes, I agree with having the SuperCard Pro Software for manually selecting 96 or 48 TPI, One or Two Heads, Number of Cylinders,
Single or Double Step, LOW or HIGH Density, etc. That makes it a lot more flexible, as far as using a 360K Floppy in a
1.2M Teac DSHD 96 TPI Drive. Most folks using this software have enough knowledge to fill in those specifications properly
because they understand the formatted Tracks, the type Floppy being used, the Density, The sectors per track, and the
number of heads. Worst case, they would have to try Single Step or Double step and one of those choices would give
them a properly read CP/M Floppy into a .SCP file.

The other thing you might think about doing, if you don't want to totally rework the Drive Setting Interface, would be to just add
a Menu Item in the Top Pulldown, for Single or Double Step. That should be an easy modification. Then Just add a Drive Type for
1.2M, with the specifications for an IBM style 1.2M Floppy. You would also need to then ALLOW the User to adjust the
END of the Track Slider to 84 Tracks. In fact, you might not even need to change anything in the Stepping, because opening
up the MAX ENDING TRACK would allow the complete Floppy to be read (because I read a Complete SSDD CP/M Floppy by using
a 3.5" IBM Type Drive setting with 80 Tracks) . Or you could automatically select the Stepping by knowing the Density, and the
MAX End TRACK. All these changes should should be easier to do than rework the complete Interface.

If you want to try that first, I'll volunteer to Beta Test your modifications after you change it, and test it on your Floppy's.
I can test With Ampro Z80 Little Board DSDD Floppy's, Radio Shack Model 4 Montezuma Micro CP/M Floppy's DSDD,
Kaypro II SSDD and Kaypro IV DSDD Floppy's, and Radio Shack Model 3 Floppy's (NewDos 80).

Last night I read in the first 15 of many boxes of Kaypro II ORIGINAL Floppy's to .SCP files. I'll be glad when I've
got them backed up Electronically.

Thanks.

Larry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kaypro II CP/M Boot Disk - SCP Creation - by ldkraemer - 07-11-2014, 02:09 AM