C64 disk image FTP or search of .scp images
He is talking about Kryoflux, which has a database of certain programs and protections that it understands, which is far from including every program ever made. So, those programs that it doesn't know it can not verify or copy. Mindscape and Thunder Mountain weakbits protection schemes, many different programs using 1/2 tracks protections, etc. are all things that SuperCard Pro copies just fine that Kryoflux will not - and that has been publicly demonstrated on several occassions. I am more interested in producing a copy of everything as opposed to limiting the ability to just certain protection schemes. Verifying after the fact is only necessary if you want to be 100% certain the original disk is good. I have only seen a hand full of disks (out of tens of thousands that I have) that were somehow defective where the original disk did not work, which means the copy does not work. I am working on a read verify routine that will check the data at a flux level to make sure it is consistent, which would catch any issues with the magnetic media fluctuating from read to read, but there is nothing you can do about a bad original disk anyways, so any type of verification process is only going to be able to let you know the original has an issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: C64 disk image FTP or search of .scp images - by admin - 03-03-2014, 02:44 PM