C64 disk image FTP or search of .scp images
(03-03-2014, 10:59 AM)RJMcInty Wrote: Not making a statement either way on the legality of including a backup copy, but I think that approach is better than overwriting the original disk. But, if you do decide to go the route of "repairing" originals (and I really hope you don't) at least represent them as such, so that people can make an informed decision.

I can agree completely with this. I will definitely put 'Repaired Disk' in any of my sales, if that is the case. This is the best and most honest solution!

(03-03-2014, 10:59 AM)RJMcInty Wrote: Regarding your thoughts on a database, etc., that is the approach that other imaging products use. They are format/protection-aware, and do validation of the source disk to ensure that you're getting a good image. It still relies on an external database and the user performing a manual lookup to say "this is an XYZ disk, and that has ABC type of protection", but once you've done that it will verify that the data on the disk is error-free, and that it matches the format expected.

Wait, what is this product? You can PM me if you don't want to post here.
That wouldn't stop me from buy the Supercard Pro.
My main hardware right now is the ZoomFloppy, EashFlash 3 and UIEC-SD.
ALso Jiffydos and the Supercard Plus in one of my 1541 drives. I use ALL of the above frequently.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: C64 disk image FTP or search of .scp images - by Steverd - 03-03-2014, 11:06 AM