C64 disk image FTP or search of .scp images
Does anyone has a database or FTP with C64 .scp disk images?
Something like cbm8bit.com that has NIB and D64 images.

I would like to repair some factory original disks by writing a working .scp back to it.

If not maybe someone could start a project like this?

Thoughts/Comments?
Steverd
http://www.c64copyprotection.com/
Due to the fact that all copyrights are still valid today, images posted and shared is definitely not legal. So, I can not condone this or allow any information concerning sites providing images in these forums.
Also, please really consider not re-writing over original disks, even if they are partially damaged.

While the available imaging and writing technologies are as good as they can be right now, there's always a possibility that the technologies will improve and be able to recover data, or that it may be found that the writing isn't as good as it is believed to be.

As a collector of original disks, I would be disappointed to find that an "original" disk I acquired was actually a repaired/rewritten disk.

Please don't take this as, or turn it into a KF vs. SCP vs. XYZ argument. My belief holds regardless of the imaging product or format.

Thanks,
Robert
cant be terribly illegal if even US government sites host this stuff: http://archive.org/details/tosec =P
I know that TOSEC is being looked into right now. In fact, many of the "ROMS" sites are being looked into.
they are being looked at since 1995 though. they have better things to do than going after pirated games from 30 years ago really Smile
Interesting thread now, I was seriously look at ways to repair/restore original factory disk that I personally own.
Jim, can you make something like that in the future? It would be SO AMAZING!!! As RJMcInty said something that could recover data or repair a C64 disk is what I really need as well as many others.
I might guess that some of the old original disk that do not work anymore is because of corrupt copy protection!

Thoughts/Comments?
It's coming. You might notice there is another menu that is currently ghosted called "disk recovery". This will let you image a disk with error recovery.
(03-02-2014, 09:24 PM)admin Wrote: It's coming. You might notice there is another menu that is currently ghosted called "disk recovery". This will let you image a disk with error recovery.

What? Tell us more!!!!!
How about a way to compare two disk? A good vs bad?
Then some how use the good to repair the bad? Like copy just the bad or corrupt sector over to fix it???
Data recovery sound like something that would be huge, plus a reason ALONE to buy the SCP.

Thanks
I made a program for the C64 that would compare two disks, but I made this to figure out who was stealing my parameters. Later I released the program on one of my utility disks. I could make something like this in the data recovery section.