Can read floppies but not write
I have read in a few of my Amiga floppies as adfs and they work fine in WinUAE.  However, writing them back to a floppy has been so far unsuccessful, and I've tried a bunch of different disks.  I've also tried random adf files and load them into HxC and export as .scp.

I write them out in index mode (tried Splice as well which was the default), 79 tracks.  All blue, no errors when writing to the 3.5 floppy.  I've tried writing to a bunch of different floppies in the event I had a bad one.  

I get errors like "Error Validating Disk" while booting or if looking at a disk in Workbench it says "DF0:BAD".

What can I do to troubleshoot this, or am I doing something wrong (maybe a setting?)
Use the HxC floppy drive emulator software to convert the .adf image to .scp format and then write the .scp image in INDEX mode.
(02-27-2023, 10:52 AM)admin Wrote: Use the HxC floppy drive emulator software to convert the .adf image to .scp format and then write the .scp image in INDEX mode.

Hi, I have tried that, but will try again ensuring it is index mode.
I tried a few adfs to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Here's what I've been doing:

Load .adf into the HxC program and export as .scp
Disk Copier Source flux image, Target Supercard Pro
Load Image to the .scp exported from HxC
Set end track to 79 : Head 1
Select Index for Copy Mode
Select Amiga for Disk Type

Preservation, Wipe Tracks, and Override File are checked

Every disk I do shows up as bad on the Amiga.
Send me a converted image file to look at. I have never had any reports of a problem with this, and I do it all of the time myself. Send image file to: data @ cbmstuff.com

Have you verified that the drive writes correctly? Maybe this is a drive or media problem. You can use SuperCard Pro's media test in the utilities menu. That will tell you if the drive/disk are working.
Thanks for the info on the disk testing. I have no doubt it is an issue on my end.

The Media Integrity test passed with "All tracks good".
Drive speed is ~301 RPM

One thing I tried was copying back what had been written to disk via the scp to an adf, when I do that I get some yellow blocks. The .adf has issues w/ UAE and was not usable. I'm assuming that means it took multiple reads to get the data, but it did get the data?

I've sent the links converted adf to scp, etc to the email addr, thanks!
I got your links, I will check those.

Standard Amiga disks require the SCP file to be INDEX'd from a .adf image file, which HxC does normally. You need to select the OVERRIDE button and then set the mode to INDEX and number of revolutions to 1.

If you media test works, then the drive, disk, and SuperCard Pro are working fine and it's likely a matter of you not using 1 revolution in INDEX mode. Also keep in mind that .adf images are strictly for normal data disks that you make. Anything that is commercial (copy-protected) will never work as a .adf image file. WinUAE will use .scp files directly.
The image file you made is perfect, but the number of revolutions is 3. So, you need to click the OVERRIDE button, set the mode to INDEX, and set the number of revolutions to 1. That works.
Thanks for the info.

I'm still not able to write the image to a disk successfully. I changed the scp export option, SCPEXPORT_NUMBER_OF_REVOLUTIONS, to 1 in HxC and ensured in index mode in the SCP app and wrote the exported .scp file to the floppy, trying 5 different floppies (all which passed the media test), and they all don't work on my Amiga 500.

I'm stumped...
Your stated - Drive speed is ~301 RPM

What disk drive is this? That should be either 300 (not 301) or 360.

Make an image using SPLICE mode with 3 revolutions of the disk that you wrote and provide a link to that. I can look at what your drive wrote and tell you what is going on.