My experience trying to copy ALIEN BREED originals
Quote:Does disk 2 created with the .ipf->.scp image work after disk 1 created with SCP has been loaded?
did not try this.. yet.. will try partial situations where disk 1 comes from .ipf and disk 2 is copied and vice-versa.. let's see what happens..

Quote: Unless the disk is dirty or drive head is dirty you can't have a bad read
but I would not say that disks are dirty or heads are dirty/misaligned because I did several attempts with both disks created from converted ipf's and disks copied.. the result has been always consistent-> .ipf ok, copied disks not working.. I also loaded originals at least three times-> not a single fault

Quote: It's more likely the disk was not written with the index. .ipf files completely change the original disk, moving the track start to the beginning of the data so it is not just like the original.
this could be.. anyway the originals are really.. originals.. boxed and genuine 100%..
we badly need the section of code to copy these no-index disks in SCP Big Grin

will send you the .scp after my tests. If you have an FTP server that would help a lot, files are huge and by email takes ages to send them

Messages In This Thread
RE: My experience trying to copy ALIEN BREED originals - by hawui1 - 02-04-2014, 03:27 PM