Update loop
Bug 
Hi.

Somewhat related to the third question in this thread.

The latest version from the webstore's Files tab seems to be 2.20. After installing and launching it, I got the UAC prompt (so it's running as admin, the following also happens if I right-click and run as admin). It detects an update is available, and I click Yes to update. Then it tells me 'Installation of the new version is complete!' -> I click Ok. Then comes up an error 'SCP already running!'. I click Ok and try to launch the app again, it again prompts me to install update (which again fails). If I select not to update, I can launch the 2.20 just fine.

I am running Windows 10 21H1.
You need to make sure that you do the installation of the SuperCard Pro software as well as running the actual SCP.EXE app in Administrator mode. If you don't then Windows can not access and make changes to the files contained in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SCP directory.
I've naturally run the install as admin (or it couldn't have installed it into Program files (x86) at the first place).

Running the SCP.EXE itself as admin and letting it update still fails (see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm0vx7nca0lxwm...p.mov?dl=0).
What version of Windows are you using? You should never see a message that SuperCard Pro software is already running.

Look in the Program Files (x86)\SCP folder to see if you see a renamed version of the software.
Windows 10 21H1.

In the SCP folder were SCP.EXE, SCP_2.00.EXE and SCP_2.20.EXE. I deleted the last two, then run SCP.EXE and let it update. Again it said 'already running' but this time it managed to update and next time I launched, it was finally a working 2.40.
Very strange. I wonder if this is some sort of windows timing issue between when a file is renamed and launched?
Hi all,

From my side, I got the same issue updating the software but now, I have the message "can not reach the cbmstuff server", then my SCP card is not detected anymore.
I just checked the software and the server is found just fine. Make sure you don't have a firewall that is deliberately blocking the query.
Firewall checked and nothing blocked.
The most annoying is that my card is not detected anymore since v2.50 (W10 64bits), but it works directly from samdisk.
You have something blocking the software’s USB access. Some antivirus programs can do this and you have to whitelist the program. You could trying using an older version of the software - v2.50 needs the latest firmware in order to use some of the new features in v2.50. Did you already update your firmware? SAMdisk doesn’t use USB coms, instead it uses serial through the USB (not true USB).