Problems with Jordan vs Bird
Hi, 

A SuperCard Pro newbie here.
I have an original and fully working disk of Jordan vs Bird by EA.  According to the C64  preservation project, it a has a "signature" on track 35.  
However.....after many many attempts, I cannot make a working disk backup of it. 
I have tried LordCrass's  settings as listed below:

EA track 2 PirateSlayer: Some of these disks are mastered to the index hole and can be copied in INDEX, but some (eg. Skate or Die!) are not. Use the SPLICE mode when in doubt, tracks 1-35.

EA fat track 34/35: tracks 1-33 INDEX mode. Tracks 34-35 in INDEX mode with half-tracks enabled. Have "wipe tracks" turned off when writing 34-35. Writing out the whole disk with half-tracks will generally result in a copy full of errors that won't load. You will need to image 1-35 with half-tracks and INDEX mode if you want to make a G64.

Yet, without any success.
(I can get past the main intro screen with the music, but it soon crashes before it gets to the game menu)

My card is up to date:
Disk Archiver: v2.40
Hardware: v1.1
Firmware: v1.2

I have a Panasonic JU475-4 with all the suggested jumper settings which I constantly clean with 91% isopropyl alcohol.

I have had absolutely no problems with Rapidlok and several other protections.
As I said earlier, the original works perfectly.  Right now, I can only back it up to another disk with Maverick 5.04 using a parameter. 

Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance.
Do a dump of 2 or more revolutions in SPLICE mode and send it to me (data @ cbmstuff.com)

I can likely tell you from looking at the dump what the problem is.

Did you run the media integrity check on the disk that you are trying to use to copy the back up on to?
(02-21-2022, 09:05 AM)admin Wrote: Do a dump of 2 or more revolutions in SPLICE mode and send it to me (data @ cbmstuff.com)

I can likely tell you from looking at the dump what the problem is.

Did you run the media integrity check on the disk that you are trying to use to copy the back up on to?

Done.

And yes, I did the media test on my disk(s) which are 3M DS DD. 
All reported: All tracks good!

Let me know what you think.
Also, you need to MAKE SURE that you have 1/2 tracks enabled. These programs use a "FAT track" for protection, which is 3 consecutive 1/2 tracks that must all test good.

For duplicating this type of protection you just need to select tracks 1-38, 1/2 tracks enabled. Wipe tracks doesn't really matter as all that does is write a specific pattern to the track before doing the actual write. Typically INDEX mode can be used, but if that does not work, then try SPLICE mode. You don't ever need more than 2 revolutions with SPLICE mode.