Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10
#71
Okay, old thread but the same problem (mostly) so I'm going to resurrect it.

I've got the WiModem232 working like 90% great with my BBS, DarkForce. So just to keep it current, it's an Atari Mega ST4, TOS v2.06, AdSpeed accelerator @16mhz, 4 megs of RAM, running off a 4 gig SCSI hard drive. I'm using BBS Express! ST for the BBS software. Port speed is limited to 19.2k.

I also posted this over at SoutherAmis.com just in case the WiModem232 owners there could help.

Most things have gone better this time. It's connecting fine, speed seems to
be good and I'm not seeing the broken screens (graphic glitches) that I did
before. Games that need the connect speed reported correctly are working.

Downloading from my Win10 box with SyncTerm - success.
Uploading from my Win10 box with SyncTerm and xmodem - success.

Downloading from my Linux laptop with SyncTerm - success.
Uploading from my Linux laptop with SyncTerm and xmodem - success.

Downloading from my Mega STe with Connect95/TAZ and the Lantronix UDS10 - success.
Uploading from my Mega STe with Connect95/TAZ and the Lantronix UDS10 - success.
(xmodem with TAZ, zmodem with Connect95)

Downloading from my STacy with Connect95/TAZ and the WiModem232 - FAILURE.
Uploading from my STacy with Connect95/TAZ and the WiModem232 - FAILURE.

So, I hooked up my 3rd WiModem232 to the Mega STe and... FAILURE. Using the same
setup as with the STacy above.

So I went back and using SETTER.TTP from the HSModem suite, I made sure the download
and upload buffers on all 3 machines (Mega ST, Mega STe, STacy) are set to 256. I also set the
buffers on all 3 WiModems to 256 (AT*BL256). I tried it with flow control off on all 3 machines and
I tried it with flow control on - on all 3 machines. Results. FAILURE.

Just for the fun of it, I put a Lantronix UDS10 back on the Mega STe and ran DarkForce's backup
copy from there. Logging in to it with my STacy and it's WiModem232 was a success. I could upload
(xmodem) and download just fine with Connect95/TAZ.

So basically, here on my network, I can NOT download or upload anything that involves going from
one WiModem232 to another WiModem232.

I don't get it. In all instances it's usually some kind of CRC error and/or timeout resulting in the request being cancelled by the sender (DarkForce). I'm betting that there's just some simple setting that I'm overlooking. I just don't know what it is...Sad

Baffled in Kentucky....
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10 - by DarkLord - 10-30-2022, 10:41 PM



Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)