Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10
OK, so after experimenting with your BBS and that ZOC8 terminal program I can see that your BBS sends two Telnet codes, but they are only for turning on ECHO and turning off the GA (go ahead) which is common for full duplex systems. The file transfer really does require Telnet escaping. I am not sure exactly what is being sent for the telnet characters. Do you have the ability to send a text file with some part of your BBS, like to read a news page or something from a file? I would like to try to send a binary file like this from your BBS so i can capture it to see what exactly what characters are being escaped and how the replacement is done. If you don't have this ability, it's not a big deal. I am looking various UDS10's on eBay.

What I find odd though is that nobody else is reporting any issues with file transfers (especially since v4.0 was released) with Telnet systems. I uploaded/downloaded literally hundreds of megs of files using various telnet specific (port 23) BBS's without any issues.

I am not sure what makes the UDS10 different. I do know that there are reports on several forums that trying to use two UDS10 devices locally does not work for file transfers, but does work for regular data, the same as you are seeing. I wonder if this is just a setting issue?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10 - by admin - 07-29-2021, 02:04 PM