Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10
OK, I am able to upload the TESTFILE at 9600 baud. That same file won't upload at 57600 baud. This tells me that there is a timing issue with the UDS-10. Maybe this is why most people use the UDS-1100 instead?

I was not able to download a binary file with Zmodem at 9600 baud though, so if you can put that TESTFILE that I uploaded in one of your download directories I would like to try to download it at 9600 to see if that works with various protocols. Zmodem is super touchy, so I was surprised to see the upload work. I uploaded it also with YModem-1K and that worked fine. The Xmodem and Ymodem protocols don't have tiny timing windows... they still have windows, but typically it's not an issue for WiFi<>router connections. In your case you have a Serial<>Ethernet<>router connection. I did see that the UDS-10 is not fully asynchronous (why it has the collision LED). Its certainly possible that the timing at higher baud rates is too fast and collisions are occurring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10 - by admin - 07-28-2021, 01:37 PM