Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS)
Interesting. And _literally_everything_ you wrote above (about ATH01, locking baud rates, &D2, *everything*) I know and I have tried. I've used over 10 hours today alone with it.

>> You should have contacted me in the first 10 minutes that you had a problem, not 100 hours into it!

Well the first 70 hours has been with some other setups, bought yours when nothing worked.

The H0 in the init string is from the manual and I used it back in the day, haven't used it now. And actually the whole init string was just some default, I've tried everything from a simple ATS0=1 to a really long with all possible options. And I am very well aware of there not be'ing sounds, and I've left those usually away from my tests.

And I do know how to set the baud rate on the WiModem as well as setting up the max and locked rates of Paragon. If I go to the Paragon terminal (F2 while waiting a call) and type in ATI I get a clear reply. And I do know about AT&W

>> At this point I am guessing that the numeric code that the BBS is expecting is different from the extended set.

I've sent 'modem result codes' from another Amiga and Paragon understands them correctly, for example 5 = CONNECT 1200

>> You definitely want to get rid of the &D2 and make that &D0

Tried that with various other combinations.

>> The biggest mistake that I see is that people try to use a NULL modem cable instead of a modem cable!  A NULL modem cable is designed to interface two computers together, not a computer and a serial device.

I'm aware of that. I have various cables and they have been tested and at least ½ of my testing has been done with the WiModem directly connected to the computer.

>> The RI pin is fully controlled, so on an incoming call the RI pin should toggle high/low.

I am pretty sure nothing happens on my device. Made a extension cord from which I can measure the pins just next to the Modem, and at least nothing can be seen on a normal multimeter. Other pins seem to work like they should.

>> Well, it works!

Nice! Good for you! Any chance you could share your init string, the few settings in the Paragon Config utility and specially the AT&V printout?

I also made a factory reset a few hours ago and that too was hilarious. The baud rate should reset to 300 but it still worked at 1200 (I didn't touch my terminal and the bottom line showed 1200 bps) but ATI was telling me it's on 300bps.

I'm tired. Too tired to be even angry any more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS) - by PDrill - 05-08-2021, 03:45 PM