WiModem232 on Apple //e with SSC no longer displays any output
Well, the "modem" is not actually responsible for outputting anything to the screen.  It can only send/receive data through the serial port.  So, this is an Apple side issue.  I ran into this same problem while setting up my Apple //e for Kansas Fest.  That is why I added the text in bold RED in the thread that you linked to.  The issue is typically to do with the SSC dip switch setting and the driver you are using.  Some drivers, especially at 9600 baud don't require any changes.  Some drivers do require dip switch 7 to be changed from what is shown in the pictures in that thread.  Check out that thread again.  Also, I noticed you are using a V1 and have different results from V2.  THAT is to be completed expected if you didn't cut the traces and add the jumpers as discussed in the thread.  For the v1 WiModem232's this was NOT an option for Apple II users.

There is never a reason to buy a new WiModem232 just because you have an issue.  There is a lifetime warranty on every electronic device that I produce, so if there is something wrong with it I will replace it.  You just have to pay for the shipping to/from me.  Since I ran into the exact same problem that you did, making me figure out that it was a SSC dip switch issue, I am sure that the issue is that or not having the traces cut and jumpers added.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WiModem232 on Apple //e with SSC no longer displays any output - by admin - 11-26-2020, 11:40 PM