Trouble with very odd 3.5" format
INDEX mode uses a single revolution (always), so if the drive is not outputting data (which is the only way you can get the red line) then you will always be missing data from the beginning of every revolution.  SPLICE mode uses 2 or more revolutions (always), so you could lose the beginning of the first revolution and subsequent revolutions would still have valid data and thus work in WinUAE.  The .adf conversion uses the SPLICE mode.

The red line is caused when data is not immediately flowing from the drive to the SuperCard Pro board.  This can be caused by the drive itself or the power supply.  I have never seen a case where the issue was with the board because this is the flow of the data from the drive itself. When no data is coming from the read head, the captures are 0 length (red).

If the issue is with the motor spin up (which is typically when you see this as a drive problem) reads that are started while the drive motor is already running would not show this issue.  You could use the editor/analyzer to read a track and then while the drive is still spinning read it again and then look at the flux display to see if there is the red line.

Short of damaging the SuperCard Pro board (plugging in an Amiga drive or reversing the cable), I don't think there is anyway possible for the board itself to generate the red line.  In all cases where this has been reported, it has been the drive(s), but I guess anything is possible this year!

Messages In This Thread
Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by Jeff_Birt - 09-30-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 09-30-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-01-2020, 10:16 AM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-02-2020, 06:40 AM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-03-2020, 03:17 AM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-03-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-05-2020, 03:39 AM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-05-2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Trouble with very odd 3.5" format - by admin - 10-06-2020, 11:44 AM