Copying non protected Amiga Disks
OK, I made flux images of my non copy protected Amiga disks. Shouldn't this work?

The original works in my Amiga but when I use SCP to go from Flux image to Floppy I get read errors on my Amiga saying unable to read sector 962 on the floppy disk. I have tried 3 different brand new 800K floppies and the same result.

I made copy of the alignment disk and when I use it in the Amiga drive it says the drive is out of alignment. When I use the original alignment disk it says the drive is in alignment.

So does that mean my brand new Alps DF354 floppy drive is bad? I also tried with a Mitsumi D359 and the same result

Any ideas?

Thanks
Currently it won't work for any disk that wasn't written as aligned to the index sensor (which includes any AmigaDOS disk that wasn't commercially duplicated). You can't start/stop writing a disk in the middle of data and expect that data to be readable afterwards. You have to turn on/off the write head in the gap area.

Jim has to update the software to either detect where the write splice is while reading, and start the track read from that point, or do the detection afterwards, which would require you to read in disks with the non-blind option and have image files that are 2x the size.
Yes, non-blind is required for normal Amiga disks.
(12-29-2013, 05:23 PM)LordCrass Wrote: Currently it won't work for any disk that wasn't written as aligned to the index sensor (which includes any AmigaDOS disk that wasn't commercially duplicated). You can't start/stop writing a disk in the middle of data and expect that data to be readable afterwards. You have to turn on/off the write head in the gap area.

Jim has to update the software to either detect where the write splice is while reading, and start the track read from that point, or do the detection afterwards, which would require you to read in disks with the non-blind option and have image files that are 2x the size.

Thanks for that explanation.

Jim said it should be able to copy my alignment disk but the copy produced is unusable. I will have to wait for Jim to see if there is anything I can do.
There's not much point to copying an alignment disk. The only thing that makes it special (that all the tracks are in correct alignment because they were written with a precisely aligned drive) is lost when you copy it to another disk with a drive that isn't also precisely aligned.
Depending on the alignment disk, you can duplicate them with SCP. The only exception are cases where disks were not created on a TRACE machine, but instead a custom drive. ALL (so far) of the various C64 alignment disks were created on TRACE machines.
OK, I will try NON-BLIND and let you know

Thanks!
Non-blind mode still won't work for writing the image back until Jim adds the routines to deal with those types of files.
(12-29-2013, 08:09 PM)videofx Wrote: OK, I will try NON-BLIND and let you know

Thanks!

LordCrass is right.

OK, I unchecked blind then made a SCP image of the disk then I left blind mode unchecked and wrote the disk. I got the same track errors as I did with blind mode on.
Right, that's because the Amiga non-blind routines are not complete yet.