My Results of copying Amiga Disks so far
(12-23-2013, 09:42 PM)LordCrass Wrote: Just curious, but what kind of drive are you using? And when you say "did not copy" do you mean it appeared to copy ok, but the resulting copy didn't work in the Amiga?

MK2 is copylock if I recall. There was probably close to 100 games that used this protection. I don't imagine this one should be an issue for SCP?
I've never seen Guy Spy, but a quick google shows it to be one of those ReadySoft games, so it's likely similar to Dragon's Lair, with long tracks. Might want to try a high density disk for this one and see if it makes any difference.

I know some people say don't use HD disks in the Amiga, but my experience with them has been pretty positive. As long as it's going to be a read-only disk that you don't expect the Amiga's double-density drive to write to, it usually works fine. If it's a read-write disk, then stick with DD.

The drive I used was a Samsung SFD-321B... and did not copy meant, yes, it appeared to copy fine but when copying to a disk and tried in the amiga, the copy did not work. I used new high density (HD) disks (tried a few). I remembered that Jim recommended high density disks for the amiga even back in the Sybil days...

And the protection of MK2 I believe is PDOS which if I recall seems like the big brother of copylock. Smile

(12-23-2013, 10:28 PM)admin Wrote: Dragon's Lair and a few others I have seen do not work with Blind mode because they were not written on the index. So, these games will need to be copied with blind mode turned off. You are welcome to send the .scp image files of these games and I can look at them. Make the images with blind mode turned off, zip them and send them to data@cbmstuff.com. I set aside a gig of space for email attachments.

You can use high density disks with the Amiga, and I highly recommend them for backups.

Ok, thanks, I will image them both and send them to you... I know it is still early in the software releases for SCP (overall, I am extremely pleased so far with its capabilities) but I will keep trying my games and letting you know the results.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Results of copying Amiga Disks so far - by vcastro99 - 12-24-2013, 04:53 AM