Wimodem amiga adapter
Just a thought guys.I figured why re-invent the wheel.Just create a user port to serial port adapter on the Amiga.Hope Jim Drew is watching..Thanks for the Wimodem..works like a charm.. Big Grin
You can't just use an adapter. The Amiga and other machines use true RS-232 voltage levels (+12/-12v). The C64/128 uses 5v/0v for communications.

I have made a new version that plugs directly into a DB25 connector. It has a nice case and a 2.1mm plug for a 5v source (wall wart or plug to be wired to 5v from somewhere inside your computer).
(05-20-2017, 12:13 PM)admin Wrote: You can't just use an adapter.  The Amiga and other machines use true RS-232 voltage levels (+12/-12v).  The C64/128 uses 5v/0v for communications.

I have made a new version that plugs directly into a DB25 connector.  It has a nice case and a 2.1mm plug for a 5v source (wall wart or plug to be wired to 5v from somewhere inside your computer).

Hope to see it on the market.I'd definately get one.What speeds do you get?
115200 is no problem with baudbandit.device with a stock A500.  I might modify my empser.device that I wrote for EMPLANT so it works with the internal serial port and see if I can get it to go faster.
(05-28-2017, 09:34 AM)admin Wrote: 115200 is no problem with baudbandit.device with a stock A500.  I might modify my empser.device that I wrote for EMPLANT so it works with the internal serial port and see if I can get it to go faster.
The only other extra I would add would be a port passthrough for tablets and such.
There is no pass-thru. The serial port can only have one device on it at a time (pin load restrictions).
(05-30-2017, 04:13 PM)admin Wrote: There is no pass-thru.  The serial port can only have one device on it at a time (pin load restrictions).
It also has 2 channels,0 and 1.I meant so that I could use tablets and such later.
Serial ports are typically DB-25 connectors, with a single serial port supported. There is no such thing as channel 0 and 1.
Let me rephrase that..I meant ports not channels....I use port 0 currently on my Wiz tablet.So yes there is port 0 and 1.
So, you have two different serial ports - no need for a pass-through!