Disk Analysis Howto ??
Hi All,

Has anyone ever come accros anything on the web that explains how to understand the FLUX patterns and stuff that
dumbo like me could understand?

I don't suppose Disk Analysis for dummies was ever a thing?

Would be awsome to be able to actualy get to grips with Jim's Analysis mode and understand what the heck I am looking at.

hehehehe

Big Grin
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo
From a flux stand point, I am not aware of anything that explains things.

Flux is just a magnetic transitions. The floppy drive hardware is what actually does the flux reading/writing. The disk controller (SuperCard Pro in this case) just outputs what the flux duration should be. That duration is converted into N-S-N-S-N magnetic transitions on the surface of the disk.

By looking at the graphic representation of the flux data, you can easily see how a disk is laid out and if there issues with the flux.
(05-02-2017, 07:35 AM)admin Wrote: From a flux stand point, I am not aware of anything that explains things.

Flux is just a magnetic transitions.  The floppy drive hardware is what actually does the flux reading/writing.  The disk controller (SuperCard Pro in this case) just outputs what the flux duration should be.  That duration is converted into N-S-N-S-N magnetic transitions on the surface of the disk.

By looking at the graphic representation of the flux data, you can easily see how a disk is laid out and if there issues with the flux.

Ahhh,

So when you were talking about 8us in another post you were basically saying that was the distance between N S N S pole pulses?

Shy
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo
8us would be the duration.  That duration is converted into N/S transitions by the disk drive itself.