Weird directory behaviour 3.5 inch SPLICE mode
(04-28-2017, 08:33 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, I use the alignment mode. That turns on the motor and lets you step the head up and down.

Thanks Jim 8-)

I have connected a new drive and now I am getting ~ 24MB files when using INDEX mode. When I write them back to a known good HD floppy the directories show up normal with bytes used etc as one would expect. So I have tossed that other drive.

I do get the odd bad cluster when checking the created floppies SCANDISK (PCDOS 7). Even though The Blank floppy prewriting with SCP showed the surface as OK, and the Original Image I Read the FLUX from showed the Surface as OK.

They could be write errors.

What would be an awesome tool is something that could immediately take an SCP image, determine the underlying FS, and scan it for errors to inform the Archiving person that the image they have created is suspect. Meaning potentially the original is faulty, heads dirty, read no good, or its just some stupid protection.

As an example
I've been trying to use HxC to create either .imd or .img images from the .scp and then feed those into a PC emulator i.e.. MESS, BOCHS etc which could then run SCANDISK over them.

So far no luck. None of the imd or img files I have created have been readable in any emulator I have tried.

I don't know why I am wasting so much time on this PC stuff, when I really should be archiving my Amiga collection 8-), but The PC stuff needs doing as well so hey ho..... 8-)

8-)
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird directory behaviour 3.5 inch SPLICE mode - by GeoKM - 05-01-2017, 09:28 PM