Problems dumping g64 images
Hi,

Need help using my SCP ...

I recently purchased a SC Pro.  I installed the software on a Win 8 64-bit system; and connected a Teac 55GFR 5.25" floppy drive to the SCP.

I began the process of reading some floppies. For my first tests I selected "Disk Type" = c64 and "Copy Mode" = Index. And selected flux files as the target for each disk. Then as my final step converted them to G64 files. 

At first everything looked fine based on the Archiver Tool message results.  When attaching the images to an emulator I was even able to run a basic LOAD "$",8  followed by a LIST successfully.  But later, as I tried running the programs on the C64 emulator, that is when I noticed an issue with the dumps. 

To be specific when I  tried loading any file from the floppy dump  (Load "<filename>" ,8 ,1) the emulator would hang  during this process.  I tried multiple programs from the different G64 files generated, all with the same outcome.  In some cases the program would never finish loading (as if it was in an infinite loop) at other times it would finish loading, but typing run would produce an immediate "not found error".

Hence I began the process again, and after reading some messages on the forum, I changed the setting for "Copy Mode" to Splice and repeated the process, but obtained similar results. 

At this point I thought that the disks were bad.  But a few days ago I received a Zoomfloppy unit; so I repeated the dump process for the same disks using the Zoomfloppy with a 1571 drive, and nimbler tools to generate G64 files. 

Loading the software on the same emulator was successful with these images - therefore I must be doing something wrong when using the SCP to generate the Flux files.

What am I missing when generating the dumps using the SCP? 

Do I need to change other settings?

Do I need to change anything on the Teac 55GFR floppy drive unit?

Any ideas?

Forgot to mention the disks don't have any type of protection ....
Thanks
If you are using non-commercially produced disks you will need to use SPLICE mode with 2 revolutions. Only commercially produced disks can be converted to .g64 using INDEX mode.