Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature
(09-19-2016, 07:43 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: I would recommend limiting yourself to reading in the disk and creating a new copy of the disk. Don't write anything to a factory original disk - that sort of makes the disk non-authentic, but in all probability there is damage on the disk that would fail writes anyway.

While I certainly understand and appreciate your thoughts on this, I somewhat tend to disagree when it comes to this particular case. With the disk not working, I feel that this has diminished both the sentimental and monetary value of the game to the point where they have become just idle bits of cardboard and plastic that are no good to anyone. May as well just throw it away. There's no point in it being authentic if what is on the disk cannot be read and used.

Anyway, as it stands, I have obtained an identical working original retail copy in excellent and looked after condition. I have successfully created an SCP file from it and have rewritten it to the non-working retail disk. The disk now works flawlessly as it did before. I have also uploaded SCP image if the game to the FTP server, along with Lotus 1 and Lotus 3. Hopefully they're useful and someone can check them out and make sure they're ok. They seem to test fine with no problems here.

If the Supercard Pro project aims to reproduce exact flux duplicates of the original disks, then what has been re-written back to the non-working disk should, technically, be as authentic as what was originally on it. If this is the case, then the Supercard Pro has been a success and my most valued purchase as an Amiga hobbyist. I'm very happy with the results.

A big thank you to both of you for your replies.

Messages In This Thread
Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by sean_skroht - 09-19-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by SomeGuy - 09-19-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by admin - 09-19-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by sean_skroht - 09-20-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by admin - 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Image Verifier/Analyzer Feature - by SomeGuy - 09-21-2016, 07:58 AM