My custom designed SCP case
Hi everyone.  

Here's my idea of casing the SuperCard Pro (SCP as I denote on the cover of my case)...

As others have mentioned, bare boards make me nervous too... so I came up with a custom designed 3D printed case for my SuperCard Pro.

I've been designing cases for other Commodore products for a while now, and as I recently purchased this awesome little board, felt it had a dire need for a case.  Here's what I've come up with.

It's a case specifically dedicated to the SCP board itself.  Because the board has no facilities in it's design to be screwed down (no screw holes in the board), I had to come up with a way of holding it firmly inside the case.

My solution was to build a little spider that sits on top of the board, allowing the lid to hold the board in place.  The lid is pretty substantial (I tend to use 4mm thick case lids).  Pretty happy with how it turned out.  As with all my cases, in this application, I used 2M brass heatsets in the case walls, and 2M/6 black oxide screws to hold it together.  There are openings in the sides of the case for the ports, in the lid for the floppy cable, and small openings in the lid to see the LED's blinking away.

Here are some photos of the finished product.  Lemme know what you think of my vision...

Next I think I'm going to come up with a slim 5.25/3.5 combo case where this little case can clip onto to make a compact integrated package. When I get to that point, I'll post some more photos. For the time being, at least I'm happy my SuperCard Pro is safe.

Thomas
COREi64

[Image: IMG_7095.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7087.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7100.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7091.jpg]
Nice. Where do you get those inserts?
I purchase them (all my hardware for that matter) from McMaster Carr.
Ah, thanks. I will have a look.
(01-02-2016, 04:14 PM)COREi64 Wrote: Hi everyone.  

Here's my idea of casing the SuperCard Pro (SCP as I denote on the cover of my case)...

As others have mentioned, bare boards make me nervous too... so I came up with a custom designed 3D printed case for my SuperCard Pro.

I've been designing cases for other Commodore products for a while now, and as I recently purchased this awesome little board, felt it had a dire need for a case.  Here's what I've come up with.

It's a case specifically dedicated to the SCP board itself.  Because the board has no facilities in it's design to be screwed down (no screw holes in the board), I had to come up with a way of holding it firmly inside the case.

My solution was to build a little spider that sits on top of the board, allowing the lid to hold the board in place.  The lid is pretty substantial (I tend to use 4mm thick case lids).  Pretty happy with how it turned out.  As with all my cases, in this application, I used 2M brass heatsets in the case walls, and 2M/6 black oxide screws to hold it together.  There are openings in the sides of the case for the ports, in the lid for the floppy cable, and small openings in the lid to see the LED's blinking away.

Here are some photos of the finished product.  Lemme know what you think of my vision...

Next I think I'm going to come up with a slim 5.25/3.5 combo case where this little case can clip onto to make a compact integrated package.  When I get to that point, I'll post some more photos.  For the time being, at least I'm happy my SuperCard Pro is safe.

Thomas
COREi64

[Image: IMG_7095.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7087.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7100.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7091.jpg]

That is a nice case!  Any chance you could share the 3d files?  I was thinking of designing one for myself, but if you would share, that would be fantastic.
Bill-Tek Electronics:
Getting back to where I started...Sort Of.
(03-24-2017, 05:16 PM)billknopp Wrote: That is a nice case!  Any chance you could share the 3d files?  I was thinking of designing one for myself, but if you would share, that would be fantastic.

Thanks. I'm quite pleased how it turned out. I don't give away my files, however, I'd be happy to sell you one in a color of your choice.

http://corei64.com/store/products.php?15

Thomas
COREi64