Another thread about dumping diskette problems - SOLVED
Well how about that... problem solved. Seems that only hours ago, someone over in the Atari camp was having the same kind of problem. (I had never bothered looking over there).

Anyways, the solution to reading the flip side turned out to be a jumper placement.

I moved the GX jumper to the EX position (that's the jumper position right beside it towards the front of the drive. Otherwise, I left all the other jumpers in their original place as per the drive jumper document found on this site.

I turned off the "Index Sensor" for both READ and WRITE, and for creating the SCP flux file, I used the copy mode of "SPLICE", and for the "Number of Revolutions" I set it to "5". I set it to "5" based on a post elsewhere on this forum where the admin recommended that setting to result in a good quality copy.

Using those settings, I was able to copy a random selection of diskettes (front and back), as well as my Superkit Disk (front and back). I tested all of the options in that Superkit software, and everything worked perfectly.

So happy with the results. I had no doubt that the SCP and software was functioning perfectly. My concern was that the pile of cash I layed out for my 5.25" floppy could have been a loss. Happy to report that in the end it was a combination of not understanding the software, and an incorrect jumper setting on the drive that caused me all this grief.

Now that I've got this figured out, I'm going to put some effort into designing a 3D printed case for the SCP, my 5.25" drive, and a 3.5" drive.

BTW (off-topic but...), I plugged in a spare 3.5" Panasonic drive that I happened to have kicking around, and tried to copy some original Amiga v2.05 workbench disks... Used the SCP to create ADF files, that I in turn put on my SD card and loaded my Amiga Core on my Chameleon 64. As I don't have an Amiga, thought I'd give it a try... and low and behold that worked too! GEEZ, I'm on a roll...

Thanks for putting together such a cool piece of hardware (I love your humor written on the face of the SCP), and all your helpful posts in this forum!

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another thread about dumping diskette problems - by COREi64 - 12-30-2015, 08:29 PM