Another thread about dumping diskette problems - SOLVED
Ok, done a little more work on my end, and am seeing something REALLY weird.

As mentioned, copying the front side is proving to be successful so that's not an issue anymore.

The back side is strange. On ANY back side C64 floppy that I create a flux image of, the resultant scp file, and the disks I create from them all seem blank (even though I've confirmed that there is actually software on that side that loads fine on my 64). The back sides that I've been trying to copy, I've confirmed with my 64 that they do have software on them. It's like the SCP drive doesn't see anything on any disk that I put in to read the flipside.

So, to re-cap... I put the disk in the normal orientation, and the SCP reads it fine, makes a good flux copy that I can write to a different disk resulting in a perfect copy.

I then flip the disk over, do the same thing (with the index sensor turned off for reading), and the test08.scp image is what I get.

Here is an example of a disk that I just made a flux image of the back side. http://www.isepix.com/00.scp-files/test08.scp

Hopefully you have some insight as to what's happening there.

Thanks for your time.
Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another thread about dumping diskette problems - by COREi64 - 12-30-2015, 06:31 PM