Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks
(03-13-2018, 12:17 AM)admin Wrote: I will have to create something that will create .d64 images.  I don't typically archive any data disks, just commercial disks which all use the index pulse as the start/stop reference point.

Hi Jim,

Would be great if you could come up with something. Being as you are one of a handful of people left that would understand GCR disks and how to encode them I recon 8-)

I was never a big Game person, so only about 1/4 of my disks are Original Games and Apps. The rest are data disks created by the Apps. Things like historical Stock control data, and word processor documents from my Uni days. 8-) I am sure many other SCP owners are in the same boat. 8-)

As the years pass we are not only loosing the disks to age, but now the CBM drives are becoming unserviceable so the only way we are going to be able to play with our historical disks, including our data, is via Gotek drives in the case of Amiga and things like Gideon's Ultimate 1541 II+ for C64 and 128 etc.

Hence we do need a sure fire way to firstly, accurately archive at a flux level all disks not just commercial ones ( to .scp) and then to convert them to the appropriate .adf, .d64 or .d71 file for use in WinUAE and VICE etc or, on a real HW via USB/SD HW.

Fortunately you have already covered the .adf case in the SCP SW. 8-)

So we just need to get the 8 bit's sorted.

It would sure help with the workflow of archiving, as I am sure you would agree that If we can take a SPLICE created .scp and make a .d64 or .d71 as appropriate the test that for errors (like I did in my Amiga workflow) then we know we have a great Archive.

I am happy to help you in any way I can with testing, documenting etc. Unfortunately, I am no longer a programmer, (for many years) just a lowly sysadmin 8-) so I can't really help with the writing of the SW. 8-/

I'm hoping you will have time and the enthusiasm to consider adding this to your list of todo's soon Big Grin

Smile Smile Smile
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo

Messages In This Thread
Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 11-26-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 03-13-2018, 08:44 PM