Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks
(03-12-2018, 09:09 PM)admin Wrote: I don't have a .d64 creator.  I have been converting .g64 to .d64 using nibtools.

Hi Jim,

From my attempts so far it seems the using SPLICE mode to create g64's or even converting flux images to g64 of a 1571 disk just creates a garbage .g64. Or at least that is what nibscan tells me when I pass a .g64 through it created with SCP from a 1571 disk. Which I think is what you have intimated would happen in other posts. 8-)

So does that mean you are now looking not to provide any path from .scp flux copy of a c64 or C128 1571 disk created using SPLICE mode (ie. non commercial disk) using the SCP for the purposes of archiving, to a format usable by an emulator, such as g64 or d64 etc etc?

Would be a real pity if thats the case. There is no-one else left who understands this stuff better than you 8-(

I know SCP can make great copies of INDEX originals to g64. But of course we all have many more data disks than originals to archive and we need to use SPLICE mode for those.

Is nib tools open source? Could you add a new tool card nibscp that just does a command line conversion of a .scp to an appropriate g64/d64/d71 or whatever? Rather than shoehorning it into SCP?

Just a thought 8-)
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo

Messages In This Thread
Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 11-26-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 03-12-2018, 10:26 PM