Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks
(11-26-2015, 10:45 PM)admin Wrote: If the disks are in fact index' then you can use the INDEX setting.

1.2MB disks are the same as 720K disks.  The Disk Type just sets the start/end and step for the copying mode.

ALL C64/128 disks can be copied with the C64 Disk Type.

You will not be able to copy SFD1001 disks because those drives use 100TPI mechanics.  PC drives are either 48TPI or 96TPI.

There is really nothing that explains the flux display data.  It's a rather complex thing to learn.  I created that while developing SuperCard Pro and just the functionality in the software when it was released.  If you have particular questions about certain data, let me know.
Hi Again,

Couple more quick questions after my start on the c64 disks today.

If a c64 Disk is a flippy, I can't flux image the back of it because even in SPLICE mode the drive still looks for the index hole?
Is that correct?

From your experience, and in the wish to get the best possible archive before they all fail, should I enable half tracks
and record all the way to track 40 regardless of what might be on the disk. Storage is not an issue and I would not really know if a disk uses those areas for protection, but my desire is to pull as much potential image and archive it as possible. I Guess the question is, would enabling those options enhance or degrade the Flux image from an Archive point of view. 

My Goal is recording the best conceivable ARCHIVE of all my disks before they die. 8-) (both Originals and copys/data disks). I know that is not really what you designed the SCP for, but given the age of most peoples floppy disks, this will become more and more important over time don't you think. Would be great to know that no matter what happened to the physical disks, I have the best possible recording, and that somehow I could rewrite them or convert them for use in an emulator eventually 8-)

Are you thinking of adding Flux image to d64/d71 image for splice mode recordings at some point? 8-)

Thanks again for the great product.  Rolleyes
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo

Messages In This Thread
Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 11-26-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 11-28-2015, 04:57 AM