Best way to copy an Apple II disk
Hello,

I've just received my card today thank you!

The first thing I tried after the completing the set-up was to copy an Apple II disk.
But so far without any success. Can you clarify some points for me. In order to make a 1:1 copy of an Apple 5.25 II disk.
What type of disk image do I have to choose? C64 or Apple II? I know that this might sound silly but I bumped into a few threads on this forum where it was advised to use the C64 image type.
But anyway, I tried both types but the copy isn't working. Can you tell what else should I try?
I tried several disks but the copy is always bad at least I can't boot it.

Thank you
If you are using a 96 TPI drive, then you will want to use the C64 mode with half-tracks off. You can use INDEX mode typically for any disk that was commercially produced, but you might have to use SPLICE mode (2 revs) for disks that were not commercially produced.

Also, make sure that you use the media integrity check (utilities option of the SCP software) to make sure the media you are trying to copy on to is any good.
Hello,

I spent this Wednesday afternoon trying to copy an Apple II disk: "Snoopy to the rescue". This game is not an original one, it is already a copy I made it a few months ago using ADTPRO.
I should add that this game copy works and boots perfectly in my old trusty Apple //e.

I tried using the settings you suggested, both the splice mode and the index mode and no half-track but no success. I tried with different blank disks, using the 3 different floppy drives I own but still I can't make a working copy of it.
What bothers me is that I also have a KF board and it is able to copy this disk. I bought the SCP because I wanted a more reliable solution to preserve my disks but now I am disappointed.

Can you tell me what else I can try?
Send me the image file and I can look at it. data@cbmstuff.com

If the disk was not produced commercially, then only SPLICE mode can be used. However, if you are missing tracks (wrong step or something) then that would be the problem.